Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol 2-0 up against palarse

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And these are official figures. Bear in mind that the league games include no-shows and the cup game was a near enough sell-out.
Exactly. The actual figures would be much, much worse.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If you went to both I'd call you an endangered species.

Seriously though, I think we know that Palace have a loyal fanbase, but it's not quite as good as some of the mongs that come on here claim it to be.

I went to both of those as well.....in the 80s crowds all over dropped, and there was a certain Mr Noads and a certain Mr Mullery, and that acounts for a lot of the big drop. I would say Palace have a about 11,000 core and looking back at history, thats about right. BHA have in the past had about the same, but at the moment are rightly riding on the crest of a wave...and bloody good luck to them I say.

Still want to beat the buggers though !!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I went to both of those as well.....in the 80s crowds all over dropped, and there was a certain Mr Noads and a certain Mr Mullery, and that acounts for a lot of the big drop. I would say Palace have a about 11,000 core and looking back at history, thats about right. BHA have in the past had about the same, but at the moment are rightly riding on the crest of a wave...and bloody good luck to them I say.

Watch it mate, you're ruining the debate with sensible posts....

:p

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I think in reality we all know that we are similar sized clubs, which is what makes for the best kind of rivalry I guess. We've just been in different places at different times. We were nomads for 14 years and you were a solid championship club and flirting with premier league status. Now we have a home and are attracting excellent crowds, watching attractive football, whereas you've been flirting with relegation, suffering terrible football and poor crowds.

It will all level out once again, I would love it if both of us were challenging for playoffs, rivalries are best when you are at the same level.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Hi paulie - one of the few Palace fans who is capable of having a reasonable debate with.

All sensible BHA fans know that if we have a bad season, ST sales will fall, and the way match day tickets are being priced, there wouldn't be many of those sold.

So the club hope that things continue to progress on the pitch, which I believe they will. All the time we are doing OK, and the interest free DD scheme is in operation, we'll continue to sell lots of STs and get good gates, meaning money to spend on players etc...

I'm quite prepared for slow progress though, and would be quite happy being competitive in this league for a while. I really enjoyed Tuesday night, in this league anyone can beat anyone, unlike in the Prem.

Not sure if that would suit GP or TB though.

As far as Palace are concerned, I've said it before, but one of the biggest problems they have is that their traditional support is moving further away from Selhurst Park. It is harder, and more expensive, for a lot of their traditional fan base to get to games (especially evenings) Coupled to that they have zero chance to get a new ground, so redeveloping Selhurst is their only option. The AW stand has two years (max) before it is shut due to H&S and the Holmsdale is sinking, literally, so money has to be spent on their ground before too long.

On the pitch, I couldn't believe that the recent tweet from CP2010 saying something along the lines of 'don't blame me, I don't pick two defensive midfield players, and only one striker' was for real. But it was. If DF had any balls, he would have walked. No member of the Board should attack the Manager like that.Completly underminded him.

Palace won't go down, there will be three worse teams than them.(Not sure who those three are yet thouhj!)

Exactly - I think that only the most churlish Palace fan can knock good marketing. Who care's if someone supports Chelsea AND BHA? I know a guy from Brighton who's a Sussex based Liverpool fan (blame the 1980s) but loves his Amex season ticket.

Our hardcore is smaller than you'd think. Even in our most successful period, 1989-93, when gates were back on the rise, we'd get 13k-15k for mid-Prem teams.

The advantage you have is there are many Brighton-based fans who are now comimg back to the Albion. Our fans are going the other way as there is no ringed-fenced 'Palace' area and lots of London clubs are in close proximity and offer Prem football. The majority of the Champ is now bigger than us. We need to learn to live with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here