Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol 2-0 up against palarse

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I dont mind losing thats part of any sport, but its the way you lose. Our one tatic is to defend for 90 mins..and we are doing that badly!! back in the late 90s we had to play with a team of kids, yes they lost a lot but they tried and in sport thats all you can ask! this lot just dont seem to care.

The players look lost out there the manager just sits on his bench then comes up with "this team needs to Gell" type bollocks.

3 wins in 27 games is the overall picture here not just the first 2 this season. As a season ticket holder I am looking around the house for things to decorate as an excuse not to have to go uo to watch them!!

Seen a lot of comments about people not wanting to go see the team at the moment, which is obviously only going to hinder the finances further. It's a vicious circle really.

I think a lot of mistakes have been made by CPFC2012 and Freedman over the last few months that the fans are only now picking up on. Did Freedman promise to change the style of play this season? I can't remember but do recall that last season was meant to be stablising and this year would be for releasing the shackles on the players and letting them play. Sounds like everyone is losing faith in one another, from the Directors, to the manager, to the team to the fans.

You couldn't have really asked for two better opening fixtures to settle the nerves down, and to concede 7 in them is pretty shocking. Will Zaha slap in a transfer request before the window is shut?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mind you on the up side we have somehow managed to score 3 goals in two games which either shows a vast improvment on last season or as mentioned the oppo are pretty shite as well...

TWO goals.

(Penalties don't count. Are you new here?)

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Would love for them to get relegated so they can stop spouting all this rubbish about being in the top two division for however many years. That and to see their attendances plummet to around what we had at Withdean and put another nail in the coffin of their idea that we have so many more plastic fans than them

trust me you will always win on the plastic fan front, we can never compete

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is a big big difference between 1 point from Cardiff and Hull, compared to 0 points against Watford and Bristol City.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
i think the directors have a few bob tucked away, think they may have held back giving freedman all the cash just in case

You'd still have the issue that your fellow supporters have raised; lack of decent players. I won't deny Zaha is good, but I don't think he's as good as you all say he is (I'm sure if he was ours, it'd be the other way round - but he's not, so he's not the bee's knees.) So unless you can pull a manager that can pull in decent players on low wages, bring flair and crowds. Palace will remain as it is, unless you get some Arabs with oil taking you over.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a big big difference between 1 point from Cardiff and Hull, compared to 0 points against Watford and Bristol City.

Probably. Its a bit early to say that though. Watford with their new manager / money / optimism might do okay, and Bristol City signed Sam Baldock yesterday, and seem to mean business.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

I don't see how these fans are "plastic" 24,500 fans couldn't have fit in the Withdean - and during the peak years at the Withdean, we saw almost full capacity. If Palace built a new stadium, then you'd get an influx of fans, but Selhurst, like the Withdean is not attractive and when you're paying per game or even monthly - you want value for money. £30 at the withdean would not be value for money, neither is what ever you charge for an out-dated stadium that desperately needs renovation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see how these fans are "plastic" 24,500 fans couldn't have fit in the Withdean - and during the peak years at the Withdean, we saw almost full capacity. If Palace built a new stadium, then you'd get an influx of fans, but Selhurst, like the Withdean is not attractive and when you're paying per game or even monthly - you want value for money. £30 at the withdean would not be value for money, neither is what ever you charge for an out-dated stadium that desperately needs renovation.

I love this plastic theory. So did all the thousands who went to Goldstone just die out? Vanish into thin air?

Our fanbase is made up of about 5-10% "plastics" - i.e. people who are totally new to the club.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

And don't forget you couldn't buy tickets on the gate at Withdean which cost us a lot more bums on seats. That's why I'd love to see Palace relegated as I'm sure their crowds would be pretty similar to what we had a Withdean, and then they'd have gone from 25k in the Prem to 6-8k in the L1, but we have loads more plastics apparently

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And your lot will always win on the 'haven't got a f***ing clue' front, we can never compete.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove

i thought the capacity of withdean was 9000? and you had crowds of 6/7000 ish? the reason for the plastic fans is an awful lot of your fans have two clubs i work with bha fans who openly admit it.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
And don't forget you couldn't buy tickets on the gate at Withdean which cost us a lot more bums on seats. That's why I'd love to see Palace relegated as I'm sure their crowds would be pretty similar to what we had a Withdean, and then they'd have gone from 25k in the Prem to 6-8k in the L1, but we have loads more plastics apparently

Exactly, I wonder where that other 14k fans went when they got relegated from the premier league? The 11k loyal fans are your accurate fan base - the withdean was not an accurate picture of Brighton's, there simply wasn't the capacity.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
I love this plastic theory. So did all the thousands who went to Goldstone just die out? Vanish into thin air?

Our fanbase is made up of about 5-10% "plastics" - i.e. people who are totally new to the club.

really only 5/10% / even you know thats nearer 20% . give it 5yrs of sell out crowds and the mantle will drop, but its not just palace fans that call them plastic most clubs in the championship do and cant understand where all the new fans come from

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
i thought the capacity of withdean was 9000? and you had crowds of 6/7000 ish? the reason for the plastic fans is an awful lot of your fans have two clubs i work with bha fans who openly admit it.

Started as 6k and then went up to about 8k. Interesting reading the #cpfc page on Twitter:

"F*cking hell I've just seen the Palace score from last night. Great start to the season!!! #CPFC "

"Relegation could be the excuse I've been looking for to convince my mum to get rid of our season tickets! #EveryCloud #cpfc"

Sounds like you have a few yourself

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

EVERY club in the world is looking for new fans. Payless would love that kind of new fan influx at their shithole of a club instead of having to use Groupon to hang on to their vanishing fanbase. The Payless morons who desperately label our support as 'plastic' just don't get it do they? Relegation and one more administration for them would put them out of their misery.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
A lot of them are new fans and funny its what palarse is trying to do but failing big time.

so their plastic then? i think thats what your saying, anyway this has nothing to do with this thread so lets get back to topic

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I hate this plastic fans stuff...I am sure if you look back into history BHA FC and CPFC have pretty much the same sort of fan base, you had a bad 10 /15 years, my worry is it might now be our turn!!

But looking at the general crowds Brighton are bucking the trend. 16,000 at Charlton last night has shocked me TBH as they are a team with a nice ground and a team on the up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here