Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back John Lees now campaign..........

D

Deleted User X18H

..... Hawes is becoming a woeful commentator his inept identification of players and failure to report crucial off the ball incidents smacks of an amatuer radio ham. Last night's failure to report Butters was off with a head injury combined with the fact Hammond had to fill in at centre back for a least five mins confirms he does not give the 'I can't go to Withdean' brigade (insert your own excuse) a true or even similar portrayal of the events taking place in front of him. Less ' what do you make of that as a ex forward John (slurp slurp) and more 'well while the balls out of play it gives me a chance to summarise events so far'

Bring back Johnny Lees a true Hoveonain from the Knoll 'one nil to the AL-BI-ON'

D

Deleted User X18H

I couldn't possilbly say.............

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It think Hawsey is pretty good actually

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
To be fair, John Lees - nice bloke - but utterly hopeless commentator. Listened to him totally balls up the regional scores this morning.

Hawesy is the best commentator we've ever had and will be 'national BBC bound' soon... even though the Butts incident was missed last night!

D

Deleted User X18H

Jam The Man said:
To be fair, John Lees - nice bloke - but utterly hopeless commentator. Listened to him totally balls up the regional scores this morning.

Hawesy is the best commentator we've ever had and will be 'national BBC bound' soon... even though the Butts incident was missed last night!
Hawes commentating on the Grand National you're avin a laugh

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Hawsey is excellent. Compare him to the standard put out by SCR the rest of the day. Lees was shocking. He would always make up for his inability to actually commentate on the action by whittering on about some barely amusing insight about the good ol days.

The worst thing about the coverage is Harty's endless cliches and that bird back in the studio who reads the texts.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

John Lees is also Hove Born and Bred he would be a very popular choice. He may be as popular as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
At the end of the day Oscar the cliches are what help me make it through the night sometimes, but don't have a go at the lovely Sophia back at the studio, she's doing her best, lest people forget the text line is awash with bogus names and she sometimes has to do split second edits.
As for Hawesy, yes he missed it, but it was a rare mistake, as much as I like and respect Leesy lest we forget that more often than not his commentaries didn't exactly run smoothly.
Anyone recall him mixing up Stuart Storer and Peter Smith?
John Vinicombe summed it up when he said Andrew Hawes is the BEST commentator BBC SCR have ever had and that includes the likes of Tony '0898' Millard and Peter Brackley.

D

Deleted User X18H

What about ,Neil - (I met Neil Smillies parents by chance on Wembley Way) - Coppendale.

D

Deleted User X18H

Harty said:
At the end of the day Oscar the cliches are what help me make it through the night sometimes, but don't have a go at the lovely Sophia back at the studio, she's doing her best, lest people forget the text line is awash with bogus names and she sometimes has to do split second edits.
As for Hawesy, yes he missed it, but it was a rare mistake, as much as I like and respect Leesy lest we forget that more often than not his commentaries didn't exactly run smoothly.
John Vinicombe summed it up when he said Andrew Hawes is the BEST commentator BBC SCR have ever had and that includes the likes of Tony '0898' Millard and Peter Brackley.
Isn't young Hawes your weekend boss.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Harty said:

A lot of 'Lest we forget' there Harty?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think Hawsey is good. If he is ill Harty you do it, passion would be the key word there

D

Deleted User X18H

If Hawes reads NSC then let Jonny Lees he'd be moved to tears.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
In answer to your question Hove b and b, Hawesy is not my weekend boss we are both produced and employed technically by Tim Durrans.
Perhaps you might want to think about an NSC poll to settle the Lees or Hawes question.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Does no one rememeber the year Jon Lees was covering the FA cup draw when Worthing and some over Sussex teams made the first round and he read all the draw out apart from the Brighton v's Peterborough tie "Well thats all the sussex teams out of the hat"

Everyone at the station gathered around the radio and they miss the only pro team is Sussex out! :nono:

Hawes does a good job though.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Oh and get Colon back on text duty! He never reads them through before putting them on air!

I will never forget the day Mike Hunt got his message on air! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here