Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back cup vouchers for ST's?

In years gone by I am sure I remember with ones season ticket book, you also got one, two or maybe more cup vouchers.

Judging by the number of likley empty seats for Saturdays game (let alone the 5000 spare for JPT R1) would it not make sense to reward those who pay up hundreds in advance, for a seat to a game that is not going to sell out anyhow?

I propose 2 vouchers with each ST. Can be used for ANY cup game in that season. If there are no home games, then unlucky. But with 3 competitions, we should get at least 2 home ties.

This year, if we had had 2 vouchers, we could have used one for JPT R1, or still have 2. Your gamble, as if we would progress in FA cup to use your 2nd.

I also think STH's should also get entry to a home pre season friendly.

These are all low ticket games, and I think on many occasions its not the money, but simply the hassle of buying a ticket (thats something STH's dont have to do too often).

Thoughts............

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ha ha

First game at Amex is a pre season friendly and you have no chance of getting in for nothing :)

Seriously though it's a good idea to have cup vouchers as a bonus for STH's - other clubs certainly do (even though it is probably funded by a higher price in the first place)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would have thought having a season ticket this year which guarantees a season ticket at Falmer is far more important than saving a tenner on a cup game.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Whilst at Withdean, there was a free cup match for STH for the first few seasons. It was then stopped, unless you held a 3 year ST... and then that finished two years ago.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If the voucher still existed, it would already have been used as entry for the Orient JPT game would it not? So no moaning about paying for Saturday's match!

You both missed the point. Not moaning about the cost. Just not natural for STH to take the time to buy home tickets.

This will be reflected in the gate on Saturday. Some will forget, some cant be arsed and some will moan about spending extra.

Im not moaning, have bought mine and will be there, as I was for JPT R1. Would be nice if we didnt have to go to the hassle, and I am sure the Ticket office could do without the prospect of selling 5000 extra tickets, in the same week we have a midweek league game, have just had a big away day to Peterborough and have SCC tickets on sale.

Makes sense all round + of course, more to roar on the team!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't agree with a free cup ticket. There are plenty of benefits for a STH as it is.

Should we get promoted next season, we would potentially miss out on a huge amount of revenue, particularly as we would be more likely to be drawn with a bigger draw than say Woking (no disrespect to them).

I am not sure how gate receipts would be 'split' with the visiting team if it were a home game for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here