Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton "worst in country" for availability of fast food..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not even in proximity, its within the same LEA and probably takes no account of the actual food available. In brighton your just as likly to get a veggie burger or salad bar. how many fast food eateries near Falmer school for example, compared to the city centre, which is hardly in proximity. what a load of shit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
its not even in proximity, its within the same LEA and probably takes no account of the actual food available. In brighton your just as likly to get a veggie burger or salad bar. how many fast food eateries near Falmer school for example, compared to the city centre, which is hardly in proximity. what a load of shit.

Too right. There are no fast food places near Falmer (unless you count the chippie in Coldean and that's a schlep away). There's no fast-food place near Varndean or Stringer (unless you count the bakers on Ditchling Road and the chippie on Preston Drove). I don't think there's a fast-food place near Patcham either - the chippie by the Long Man is a bit of a hike. Is there one in the parade of Ladies Mile shops? I don't think there is.

I don't know about the other schools but this report is a load of old bollocks. It would be like saying don't build a stadium at Falmer as it's close proximity to a gay area.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Typical f***ing British press bollocks. Always running down Brighton's achievements.

Surely Brighton is the BEST for availability of junk food around schools? Let's celebrate the fact that we are top of the league.

Just like the drug-related deaths league table. Year in, year out Brighton have been top of the league yet strangely we don't advertise this.

IN YOUR FACE GLASGOW AND BLACKPOOL. Say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Typical f***ing British press bollocks. Always running down Brighton's achievements.

Surely Brighton is the BEST for availability of junk food around schools? Let's celebrate the fact that we are top of the league.

Just like the drug-related deaths league table. Year in, year out Brighton have been top of the league yet strangely we don't advertise this.

IN YOUR FACE GLASGOW AND BLACKPOOL. Say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league.

Actually I seem to recall we were knocked off top spot for the drug related deaths league, but you have to give others a chance

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I think they are counting a fast food outlet as anywhere in Brighton, not just in the local area that kids can be bothered/have time to go to. Meaningless article.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here