Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Scunthorpe final possibly?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Reckon there will be about 55k there for the final.Anyone know the gate for last years final.Grimsby vs MK?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Somewhere someone has just posted a thread saying Luton v Scunthorpe, I am fairly sure of it!!

From Luton's perspective this is a great opportunity for them. THey haven't been playing badly of late and could look at this fixture as a great opportunity to get some money in. From their point of view we are relatively easy opponents compared with a team they could have had.

However I like to think by the time the first leg comes round in the second half of January we will be a more confident side, and higher up the table.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Attendance was 56,618. Actually more Grimsby fans there than MK Dons :ohmy:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Also we would have new players by then.Can't see Luton beating us over two legs.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
When Scunthorpe got to wembley in 99 they took 12k:rant:

That's not good at all, although in those times, most people round these parts followed Leeds United, but still you'd expect at least double that amount.

We should be able to beat Luton (famous last words!) and then hopefully Rotherham - that would be nice for Mr Murray.

But no more penalty shootouts please boys. Yes you've done brilliantly in them so far but we're due a loss, nothing lasts forever. So we need to win in normal time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have a good mate who's a Scunny fan. He's being droning on for ages about the possibility of an Iron/Seagulls final.

It would be a good day out for us if it came to pass.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how long before this thread is picked up in Bedfordshire and posted on a Luton Town website...

...with our form this season I'll wait until we've managed to beat them before I start counting tickets for Wembley, thanks
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here