Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Hartlepool-thread

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well haven't seen another one

just got back , not the greatest first half in the world but we sorted it out in the second!

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
nothing on the radio at all, only horse rubbish, can't find a single match report on the internet either yet. Any of you caoming home able to give us exiles the low down?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, all the results went for us today, some Manager of the Month curse !

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Well, all the results went for us today, some Manager of the Month curse !
Even Amberleigh House came in for me :clap2: Marvellous Day, dampened only by a Sheff Utd defeat :(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Trigger said:
Even Amberleigh House came in for me :clap2: Marvellous Day, dampened only by a Sheff Utd defeat :(
and a manchester united win :angry: :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good game and a great win.

They weren't very good but hard to break down.

Why was Leon Knight booked ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stupid then - why wasn't Iwelumu booked as he celebrated his ?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Unnnecessary booking, I thought. He and Iwelumo jumped over the hoardings and Iwelumo picked Knight up in celebration. They were at the far end so could not be deemed to be inciting the away supporters, so I don't see why he was booked.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fran Hagarty said:
Unnnecessary booking, I thought. He and Iwelumo jumped over the hoardings and Iwelumo picked Knight up in celebration. They were at the far end so could not be deemed to be inciting the away supporters, so I don't see why he was booked.
yeah they where celebrating in front of the -grass?

where as last satuday , the wednesday players where jumping over each other in front of the away fans -did they get a caution?

you know the answer as i brought up the similarities /differences

NO THEY DIDN'T!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Good game

Sorry Beachy, but the game was pants today

Good cross by donkey Jones for the first, and a good run and cross by Leon for the second

Their keeper made two excellent saves, as did Roberts..........the rest of the game was awful, I expect better

Leon looked so disinterested today, just stood and ball watched apart from the goals

Thought Gay Buttocks and Adam V at the back were excellent

Good result, but helluva boring game, certainly not worth the entrance fee

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
it wasn't as if knight ran 30 yards like that gillingham player last year, and surley if knight got booked then iwelumo should been too, crap refereeing

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
No one has mentioned the penalty yet. I didn't think it was one and justice was served with a fantastic save from my man of the match, Ben Roberts.

Last edited:

larus

I thought Virgo had an excellent game today. Seemed to win so many headers.

Iwelumo is an excellent target man, and if we go up and keep him and Leon, I can't see us going back down. They'll always cause problems for teams, just need a bit more creativity in midfield and we would be pretty awesome (maybe slight exageration, but you get my drift.....).:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was Piercey injured today ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Albion Edd said:
it wasn't as if knight ran 30 yards like that gillingham player last year, and surley if knight got booked then iwelumo should been too, crap refereeing

I'm sure there's a rule now that prevents players 'leaving the playing area' to celebrate goals.... introduced, obviously, to stop players running into the crowd or inciting away fans. It does seem ridiculous that leon got carded for it at Withdean when there's no stand behind the goal but, technically, I think the ref got it right. Stupid rule rather than stupid ref....

But don't start me on the penalty!!

:angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
larus said:
I can't see us going back down. B]
yeah , i think we are safe from relegation after that result:lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
larus said:
I thought Virgo had an excellent game today. Seemed to win so many headers.

Iwelumo is an excellent target man, and if we go up and keep him and Leon, I can't see us going back down. They'll always cause problems for teams, just need a bit more creativity in midfield and we would be pretty awesome (maybe slight exageration, but you get my drift.....).:lolol:

Just imagine how good big Chris would be if we actually had a winger.... Great signing :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here