Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Vs Carsilsle Player Ratings

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just on the way back from the game.

Very happy with a point. Carlisle were a very solid side. They looked the better side in the first half, whilst Brighton were the better team in the second half.

Casper 8 - I thought he was superb today. Great handling and looked assured. Top save to keep us in it first half. Only once failed to handle it when he should have.

Calderon 6.5 - looked solid today but didn't stand out.

Painter 7 - Also looked solid. Thought he had a good game. Had a good shot that just went over. Impressed.

Elphick 6.5 - Solid.

El Abd 7 - Thought he edged Elphick. Great performance. I love the Adam El Abd song to the tune of the muppets. Great chant and very addictive. I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way!

Bennet 6 - looked ok. Nothing spectacular but did nothing wrong. Not surprised to see him subbed.

Kazenga 6 - didn't shine today sadly but looked ok. Decision to sub him looked the correct decision.

Kish 8.5 - My MOM today. He oozes quality. Solid tackles, good vision and great passing. I wish he'd seen more of the ball.

Dicker 7 - looked solid. Didn't notice anything special to talk about though. Moved the ball well.

Spaz 7 - just edged Dicker for me. Similar comment but seemed to have slightly better vision and movement.

Barnes 7 - good effort from him today. He didn't receive great service but worked hard.

Subs

Barnes 7 - Tried hard. Good movement. He looks a good player. Goals will come.

Baz 8 - had a couple of really nice runs. Really close control. Looks promising.

Bumped into Andy Naylor today and had a chat with him. Why does he get so much stick on here? Thoroughly undeserved. Thoroughly nice guy who had been to kore Albion games than any of us both home and away the last 15 years. Works hard to put an Albion story every day for us. I think he deserves to get more respect from NSC.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ankergren - 8 MOM

Calderon - 6
El-Abd - 7
Elphick - 7
Painter - 6

Bennett - 5
Dicker - 5
Kish - 5
Sparrow - 5
Lua Lua - 6

Murray - 6

Barnes - 5
Baz - 7

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Casper - 8

Inigo - 7
El-abd - 7
Elphick - 7
Painter - 7

Bennett - 6
Dicker - 6
Kish - 7
Sparrow - 6
LuaLua - 6.5

Murray - 6

Barnes - 6
Baz -7

Would like to see sandaza against plymouth, with an out and out goal scorer we would have won today.

Would not have taken lualua off, was not playing great, but always has the ability to make something happen!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
dicker and the goalie stood out. Murray worked hard but above all the system worked. We played for a point and hoping to grab something. Just great after the last few years to finally see a real grown up professional squad.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
dicker and the goalie stood out. Murray worked hard but above all the system worked. We played for a point and hoping to grab something. Just great after the last few years to finally see a real grown up professional squad.

The radio guys said Dickers passing was very poor today. Was this not the case?

Stumpy Tim

Casper - 8. Dropped one shot, but kept us in it in the first half

Calderon - 6. Average. Lost everything in the air
Elf - 7. solid
El-Abd - 7. solid
Painter - 7. class act. Championship level footballer

Bennett - 6. Not great
Kish - 7. Poor first half, excellent second half
Spaz - 6.5. Did ok
Dicker - 6.5. Same as Spaz
Lua Lua - 6. They doubled up on him and he never got going

Murray - 7. Led the line well, but missed his big chance when one on one

Subs:
Baz - 7.5. Very impressive. If his effort had gone in it would have been a wonder strike
Barnes - 6. Did ok, but the ball doesn't seem to stick

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Dicker was like the rest of the team. Poor passing and second to the ball first half, but found his feet and along with Kish he ran the second half.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I was in the Carlisle Directors' box (nice people, good tour of the ground, v. old fashioned, good cakes, Dick Knight) and all their Directors thought that Elf was our outstanding player. They raved about him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Thought we were ok today, too many passes were too short of their target today. Were solid but only for 15-20 mins in the second half did we look dangerous.

Kish MoM?! Seriously? He was very good in the second half, but terrible in the first half - a bit like the rest of the team. The only player who showed quality in both halves was Caspar, so he has to be MoM. Without him, Carlisle would have the three points they probably deserved.

Still, I was very impressed with our performance in the second half - and, by extension, the manager for whatever he said and did at half-time. Perhaps Gus's performance was our best of the day!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Congratulations to the 422 supporting Brighton. Very committed. :clap:

Oct 25, 2003
casper- i'm constantly on edge with him which makes him quite fun, but today he was a bit boring, no f*** ups and one brilliant save......SEVEN

inigo- the basque wonder led from the front today, he was genghis khan, he was winston churchill, he was ghandi all rolled into one.........it's unfair to limit him to 10, so i'm going to rate him as INFINITY

elphick- default tommy performance, didn't do anything wrong but pretty solid, so i'm going to give him a SIX

adam- same as elphick really, wasn't over powered by uniteds attack, was solid all game and made some decent challenges- SIX

marcos- great performance from a great player- SEVEN

elliot- bit quiet today i'm afraid- FIVE

gDick- weren't great in my eyes, gave the ball away a fair bit and in a 5 man midfield didn't dominate enough- FIVE

sparra- meh, didn't reallly notice him for the first half, but he spoke to me on the train on the way back so he's getting a SIX

radostin- sexy as ever, but did give the ball away a fair bit which was surprising, generally composed though so he's getting a SIX

kazenga- dominated by frankie simek, but then who wouldn't be? SIX

glenn- just like samson, he seems to have lost his powers with his hair. SIX

subs

barnes- 3

cristian- INFINITY

gus- had the guts to change the formation and style of play, good away point, TEN

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You seem to assume that all 422 came up from Brighton. For at least 20 of those present, Carlisle constitutes our home game!
Did I? Sorry.

OK. Well done the 300 odd from Brighton....

.....and I hope you others enjoyed watching your team so close to home.

Any better?

Last edited:

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Casper 8
Calde 6
Elf 7
El Abd 7
Painter 8
Sparrow 6
Kish 7
Dicker 5
Bennett 6
Glen 7
Lua 6

Barnes 6
Baz 7

Generally didn't keep the ball well enough and were second best first half.
Transformed second half after the subs came on and looked the more likely team to win it. But draw was a fair result.
Superb save from Casper in first half and he generally looked better.
Kish the best of the midfielders.
Painter superb.
Baz very exciting with his runs and shots.
Nice trip on the Settle-Carlisle railway too.
Met a fan on the train who lives in Shipley and attends all the home games - respect!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
dicker was not outstanding he gave away possesion so many times in the 1st half in silly positions but like most got better as the game went on,also have seen kish play a lot better although he did ok.They had madine out wide on the left and he caused calde so many problems in the 1st half an hour both getting in behind him when calde pushed forward time and time again and also in the air.Carlisle looked a good team they did there homework on us we couldnt get our passing game going for the 1st hour and did a great job on kezenga,they were also much crisper and quicker with there passing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here