Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Tranmere on Saturday

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hello all,

Tranmere fan here who lives on the south coast, just thought I would give you an update of how we are playing at the moment, to sum it up in one word DULL

We are trying to frustrate every team we play and to come away without being beaten - Hartlepool at home was horrendous - 3 shots all game!!

I dont think we will be bringing too many to the Withdean to be honest, most of our fans are thoroughly fed up, from just missing out on the play offs we have had Moore sacked, Barnes appointed, Barnes sacked, club sold on Ebay, budget cut, Keith Hill turn us down, Physio appointed to the end of the season - all while in a relegation battle!

Our physio Les Parry to be fair is a hero at Tranmere and is doing the best he can do but we are simply not good enough this season

Expect Bas Savage to lead the line as hes now back from long term injury but for us to play 451 and get forward very rarely

My heart says 1-1 my head says that if you turn up and play like you have been recently you could win by 4 or 5

Good luck for the rest of the season, im glad you look like you are safe now, I just hope we will be too come the end of the season!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
But get ready to get beaten my friend, 3-1 to the albion.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I tend to agree with you to be honest :cry:

Hows Navarro doing for you btw? he was excellent for us before he picked up a long term injury and never seemed the same player afterwards

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mate of mine from Southport has seen Tranmere play this season and says they are pretty grim in terms of adventure but are also fairly solid (for which read "dour"). He reckons they should stay clear of relegation and also rates Parry as something of a hero

Can't rule out Bas scoring against us on his return so I'm going 2-1 to us.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Will be a tricky game this I rekon. I think it will be a draw. We SURELY cannot win another home game for a while that would be mental!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll win it easy.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
i watched a SSN special thing on your manager. Seems like a legend to be honest! Kinda like Malcom Christie replacing Adams rather than Slade.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I tend to agree with you to be honest :cry:

Hows Navarro doing for you btw? he was excellent for us before he picked up a long term injury and never seemed the same player afterwards

Navarro was poor when he first came.(Most) Fans hated him and he looked like he would be gone before too long. Since then he has turned it around. One of the first names on our team sheet since Gus has got here. Sitting in front of the back 4 and breaking everything up. He's due a goal wouldn't be supprised to see him score against you. :p

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Don't forget to bring plenty of 20p pieces, or alternatively you can get tokens form the Club shop before the game.

Attachments

• _42162212_binoculars_ap416b.jpg
    _42162212_binoculars_ap416b.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 910

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We are playing better than we were when we played at Prenton Park, but that's not saying much. What a shite performance we put in that day.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Hello all,

Tranmere fan here who lives on the south coast, just thought I would give you an update of how we are playing at the moment, to sum it up in one word DULL

We are trying to frustrate every team we play and to come away without being beaten - Hartlepool at home was horrendous - 3 shots all game!!

I dont think we will be bringing too many to the Withdean to be honest, most of our fans are thoroughly fed up, from just missing out on the play offs we have had Moore sacked, Barnes appointed, Barnes sacked, club sold on Ebay, budget cut, Keith Hill turn us down, Physio appointed to the end of the season - all while in a relegation battle!

Our physio Les Parry to be fair is a hero at Tranmere and is doing the best he can do but we are simply not good enough this season

Expect Bas Savage to lead the line as hes now back from long term injury but for us to play 451 and get forward very rarely

My heart says 1-1 my head says that if you turn up and play like you have been recently you could win by 4 or 5

Good luck for the rest of the season, im glad you look like you are safe now, I just hope we will be too come the end of the season!

As we are playing 4-5-1 as well it could be a little congested in the middle

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hello all,

Tranmere have been churning out some decent results recently. No pushover for the Albion. Not that it ever is, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here