Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Portsmouth highlights from 1991-92 - 2 sendings off, 3 goals (17 mins)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Some lovely highlights from the Goldstone Ground featuring the likes of Gall and Meade.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/25/

This memorable game was against a Portsmouth side that reached the FA Cup Semi-Final in that campaign.

Enjoy!

Who went to this game?

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was there. Portsmouth had a decent team in those days.

Such a shame that Gall's knees gave out. He was great.

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Warren Aspinall & Darren Anderton on the Pompey subs bench

Paul Alcock the Ref - wasn't he the one who did the comedy fall when Paulo DiCanio shoved him?

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
f***ing loved watching that , it was a time in my life where i didnt miss a home game for about 4 seasons including zenith data crap cup games. What always makes me laugh when watching old clips around that time is we were always running on the pitch.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
just before i started going this one but always love the goldstone memory trip

is it just me though, or was there very little actual quality in the entire video - football in the lower leagues has certainly improved over the last 20

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nice to see future Albion player, a slimmer Warren Aspinall score the Pompey goal.

Mark Gall was a good player - pity about his injury.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Mark Gall was a revelation that year, superb, unfortunately his knee gave way on him. I was in the North Stand that night, great atmosphere, classic Goldstone night. Thanks.

Stumpy Tim

Class shirt.

I think I was in the South Stand. Crowd approx 11,000. Was our relegation confirmed that day despite winning or was there a mathematical chance of staying up?

I was there. It kept us alive to the last day, but we had to win at Ipswich who were champions. They comfortably beat us 3-1 I think. I went to Ipswich too, and it was rubbish

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep I was there, somewhere behind the teddy bear!.

I hated Guy Whittingham, for reasons I can't remember now!.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great stuff - much to savour.

Not least a traditional rendition of SBTS being played over the tannoy to celebrate our victory.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here