Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Doncaster 1997: Stuart Storer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just watched TGC's re-run of the last goal at the Goldstone, with Storer running/diving towards the camera in celebration.

Never noticed it before, but the look on Storer's face when he finally got up was an absolute picture. It's only there for a brief nano-second, but it seemed to encapsulate the passion, the hunger and the desire that the players were feeling at the time, alongside the fans.

A priceless expression from a giant of that season.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is all.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This expression?

Dammit, the players nowadays just don't understand what it means.

Attachments

• storer.jpg
    storer.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 729

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It makes me want to cry.

I did that day - like a baby

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

then some of this

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

then some of this

:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

then LOADS of this

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The Large One said:
Just watched TGC's re-run of the last goal at the Goldstone, with Storer running/diving towards the camera in celebration.

Never noticed it before, but the look on Storer's face when he finally got up was an absolute picture. It's only there for a brief nano-second, but it seemed to encapsulate the passion, the hunger and the desire that the players were feeling at the time, alongside the fans.

That is all.

Could do with abit more of that this season. That season those guys played out their skins something this current lot could not be accused of.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Leekbrookgull said:
Watch it slowly,clear foul/watch who he was held back.That type of goal,you will never see again. :albion: :albion:

And if you watch, Craig Maskell bundles into the Donnie goalkeeper, effectively taking him out. VERY lucky to get away with it, in fact.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:

That is all.

Maybe Magoo could use this as motivation for the current lot.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Downloaded Penguin said:
This expression?

Dammit, the players nowadays just don't understand what it means.

That kit would work for me too !

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Re: Re: Brighton v Doncaster 1997: Stuart Storer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Maybe Magoo could use this as motivation for the current lot.

My thoughts exactly.....how about someone contacting Storer and getting him down to the next home game - would certainly lift the crowd. Would also be an idea to show the players the video....only Kerry knows the history, and only he (amongst the players) knows what it really means to be a Brighton fan.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was there and I almost cried.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Brighton v Doncaster 1997: Stuart Storer

Jim in the West said:
My thoughts exactly.....how about someone contacting Storer and getting him down to the next home game - would certainly lift the crowd. Would also be an idea to show the players the video....only Kerry knows the history, and only he (amongst the players) knows what it really means to be a Brighton fan.

Maybe we'll see Storer as well as Reinelt down for Kerry's Testimonial game in August.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be frank I think half our squad couldn;t give a shit we are being relegated except

Mayo
Carpenter
Oatway
Hinshelwood

The new boys and the foreigners don't get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here