Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton up for christ sake

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Excuse the awful pun BUT I've seen two threads already of people criticizing two different players. The two players that had a part to play in our second goal. Yes Harley hasn't been great but he got us a goal which sealed all three points and Paynter hasn't even played bad so I don't see why people are getting on his back. Support the team instead of moaning after a much needed win. Great result today though, hopefully this is the turning point!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Excuse the awful pun BUT I've seen two threads already of people criticizing two different players. The two players that had a part to play in our second goal. Yes Harley hasn't been great but he got us a goal which sealed all three points and Paynter hasn't even played bad so I don't see why people are getting on his back. Support the team instead of moaning after a much needed win. Great result today though, hopefully this is the turning point!

I have to agree.

But

You will now get moaned at for moaning at the moaners!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm so depressed, we won today, got three points, hauled our arses into 10th, three points off play offs, clean sheet and by all accounts Tanno was brilliant. I think I'll go to bed and cry.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

I have to agree, I didn't go today but you'll always get the odd twat who has to find a negative in a positive result.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry to break the run of positives but Harley is shit ... better teams than Barnsley will crucify us if we haven't got a match winner playing that central MF role ... of course it was a brill result but shirley we've got to look to keep improving?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

this

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Sorry to break the run of positives but Harley is shit ... better teams than Barnsley will crucify us if we haven't got a match winner playing that central MF role ... of course it was a brill result but shirley we've got to look to keep improving?

Yes, we have got to keep improving and I'm sure Gus knows that too. But Harley did enough things right today, including scoring the all important second goal, to suggest that he has plenty more to offer. We've got two weeks to get some of the crocks back to fitness, and then we will have a tasty squad to choose from.

I rather fancy us to wipe the smug smile off Saints fans faces at St Mary's. A 3-1 repeat of Gus' first game in charge would do nicely.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ged' it?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The thing is, the people moaning about those players show themselves up as the sheep that they are. Harley had a decent game today (and scored!) but as a lot of fans have moaned about him and made their minds up, they're unable to accept or perhaps notice his good performance and join in the general negativity. Likewise, Paynter arrived having been slated by the Leeds fans.. ergo, he must be shit. When in fact he offers us a very useful option and made a big difference. As good as Murray, not on today's showing, no. But who knows what sort of partnership he could strike up with CMS over a few weeks/months.

It's a bit like the 'no Plan B' merchants at Watford where, (in)effectively, we were actually using the Plan B they all wanted i.e going longer. Just because it sounded good on telly about Sven in 2006, they think that repeating it will somehow make them sound like they're steeped in tactical knowledge when, frankly, they're talking out of their arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here