Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton town centre turning into a ruddy GHOST TOWN

Oct 25, 2003
former borders shop- empty
former zavvi shop- empty
former luggage shop or whatever it was- empty
former george shop- empty

4 massive sites smack bang in the centre of town all sitting there, it's turning into bloody CROYDON or sumfin :US:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Zavvi closing down was entirely their own fault from taking the perfectly NORMAL name Virgin Megastore and calling it ZAVVI.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's Bozza's fault for making us all buy everything so much cheaper and from the comfort of our own homes on Amazon.co.uk to keep NSC running. When a discount store like Sussex Stationers/British Bookshops is struggling you know the high street's f***ed - apart from clothes shops (because people like to try things on) it'll all be online in a year or two I reckon.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
all the clubs have been closed down....

Oct 25, 2003
the borders place is HUGE upstairs, i can't really picture what could possibly go there

all them shops and stuff need to sort themselves right out i say!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's Bozza's fault for making us all buy everything so much cheaper and from the comfort of our own homes on Amazon.co.uk to keep NSC running. When a discount store like Sussex Stationers/British Bookshops is struggling you know the high street's f***ed - apart from clothes shops (because people like to try things on) it'll all be online in a year or two I reckon.

Nah what's killing the likes of Zavvi/borders is the supermarkets as much as anything. People still love browsing ad the immediacy of buying something, taking it staight home and bunging it in the dvd/cd etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's Bozza's fault for making us all buy everything so much cheaper and from the comfort of our own homes on Amazon.co.uk to keep NSC running.

:lolol: is the right answer. not sure since when Sussex Stationers has been a discount shop, i always thought it expensive.

The death of high street book and music shops is widely touted and its in their own hands. if they offer a service, ie provide knowledge, recommendations, a bit of helpfull friendliness, they will compete. if they dont people will go to amazon. Sadly, judging by my local Waterstones who start locking the doors at 5:20 in the evening, they arent that interested.

Do you remember the good old days before the Ghost town?

01343.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here