Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to play in Green next season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Could they not have thought of something slightly believable? :glare:

To mark the opening season at the American Express Community Stadium, Albion will break with tradition and wear a new home kit incorporating the colours as worn by Brighton United: green shirts, white shorts and black socks.

The club will dispense with the traditional strip of blue and white stripes for the inaugural season at the Amex, and the new kit will be revealed and worn for the first time in the final match of the season against Huddersfield Town.

Manager Gus Poyet has welcomed the move, saying, "The club wanted to do something special to mark the first season at the new stadium - and I think the fans will love it. They may have to change a few of their songs but they will really like it."

Brighton United were the first football club in the city, then a town, and forerunners to the Albion. Founded in 1898, they were moderately successful in their first season in the Southern League finishing in tenth place.

Despite having overstretched financially, they started the 1899/00 season but resigned in March 1900 with four games left to play, with their record then being expunged. A year later Brighton & Hove Albion was formed.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Going Green

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Seriously though, will the new 2011 kit actually be worn against Hudds?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was under the impression that the green kit images I was shown were the away kit

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
its an april fools

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I know someone that was fooled (not me I hasten to add)!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Out of interest, when Brighton United wore the green in 1898, their nicknames were The Greenbacks.

Not a lot of people know that.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
something like?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 18.35.05.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 18.35.05.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 539

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You thought it was an April Fools' joke. Here it is...

002.jpg

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here