Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Punk

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
quality!
dontvote.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't know any of this lot but punk was so energetic and original if only there was more individualist that can break the mould out there nowdays.

I miss punk.

:down:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Used to go down the Bucaneer every Sunday as a mate from school was the Piranhas drummer. It was quality. Some of the other bands were The Molesters, Nicky & the Dots, The Lil-lets.
The place used to go mental when the Piranhas played though.
Some class tunes such as Jilly. Get Beaten up is part of Growing Up. Boyfriend. Happy Days!!!! :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
I don't know any of this lot but punk was so energetic and original if only there was more individualist that can break the mould out there nowdays.

I miss punk.

:down:

punks still going good and strong in many various offsets of what Punk actually is, far from dead!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
smudge said:
Used to go down the Bucaneer every Sunday as a mate from school was the Piranhas drummer. It was quality. Some of the other bands were The Molesters, Nicky & the Dots, The Lil-lets.
The place used to go mental when the Piranhas played though.
Some class tunes such as Jilly. Get Beaten up is part of Growing Up. Boyfriend. Happy Days!!!! :clap2:

I used to got to the Buccaneer, the Vault, Alhambra etc. I prefered Wristaction and the Depressions. Thought "I don't want my body" by ther piranhas was a classic

D

Deleted member 2719

Marc said:
punks still going good and strong in many various offsets of what Punk actually is, far from dead!

Where, where lead me to some messiah!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I used to go to the Xtreme club, long time ago, very young, is it where the Aussie pub is now, or round the back where the backpackers hostel is, opposite the Event (Top Rank if you please)

Also the Alhambra, on the seafront somewhere.

Vice Squad, Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Anti Nowhere League, Chelsea, Chron Gen, ooh those were the days.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw that site some years ago, shortly after it was put up. I'm pleased to see that it's still going strong.

Great memories for me: as some of you know I was in a terrible punk band with Attila so I have loads of recollections of the Vault, the Alhambra and other places.

Interesting to see the section on Laughing Gass - a good band, but decidedly not punk. They were managed briefly by Miles (who was also in the band with John and me and is now a big noise in BHAlba). It was also sad to see that Oz Garvey (ex-Depressions/DPs) is no longer with us.

Dandyman

In London village.
smudge said:
Used to go down the Bucaneer every Sunday as a mate from school was the Piranhas drummer.

Dick Adland (sp ?)? - you a Priory boy, Smudge ?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Nicky and the Dots and Smeggy were 2 great bands. Anyone see Anti Art they were ok

NewtownRoad

Mar 3, 2006
Hove
Superphil said:
I used to go to the Xtreme club, long time ago, very young, is it where the Aussie pub is now, or round the back where the backpackers hostel is, opposite the Event (Top Rank if you please)

I remember this as the New Regent. Siouxsie, Slaughter & the Dogs, Buzzcocks, Sham all played there. DJ Peter Fox played reggae in between the live bands.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by smudge
Used to go down the Bucaneer every Sunday as a mate from school was the Piranhas drummer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Dandyman

Yeah Smudge.. Are you "Mountfield Road Massive"? But clearly not the Lewes Rebel Army though eh?

:angel: :blush: :angel:

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dandyman said:

Certainly am! Shite school it was, hope it's improved.

Yes Dick Adland. Or Dick Slexia as he called himself. I remember him getting chased by the plod down the full length of the Goldstone pitch that memorable night we beat Shef Weds to go up from the old 3rd Div. He dived into the South Stand to make his escape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here