Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Night Clubs

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It seems that there is no website that lists EVERY Brighton nightclub, my definition of a nightclub as opposed to a bar is simply a place with a proper dancefloor...not sure if this is too simplistic. Anyway, here is my list. Have I missed any out?? I think the Arc is now purely a bar but I haven't been for years.

1 The Arc
2 Audio
3 Babylon Lounge
4 Bar Rogue
5 The Beach
6 Belushi's (Formerly The Junction)
7 B'lo Brighton (Formerly The Joint)
8 The Candy Bar (Gay)
9 Casablanca Jazz Club
10 Charles Street Club (Formerly Envy) (Gay)
11 The Church
12 Club 52
13 Club Mango (Formally BN1)
14 Concorde 2
15 The Core Club
16 Coward’s
17 Creation
18 The Engine Room
19 Enigma
20 The Funky Buddha Lounge
21 The Funky Fish (Formerly The Catfish Club)
22 Gap Club
23 The Gloucester
24 The Hanbury Club
25 The Harlequin (Gay)
26 Havana Club (Formerly The Banana Bar)
27 The Honey Club
28 The Hothouse
29 The Jazz Place
30 Karma
31 KOBA
32 KooKlub
33 Legends Club (Gay)
34 Lo Lounge
35 Midnight Blues
36 The Ocean Rooms
37 Oceana (Opening soon)
38 Po Na Na
39 Pressure Point
40 Rehab
41 Club Revenge (Gay)
42 Riki Tik
43 Brazil 40
44 Pavilion Tavern
45 SNAFU 23
46 The Standard
47 Storm (Gay)
48 Sumo Bar & Lounge (Closing soon)
49 Supercharged
50 Sussex Arts Club
51 Vavoom
52 Volks Club
53 The Zap

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've been to 24 of them. Actually that's not too bad.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Club new york

Even tho i class the walkabout as a bar it does have a dancefloor by the stage so 'technically' could that be included?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Kenhead said:
Club new york

Even tho i class the walkabout as a bar it does have a dancefloor by the stage so 'technically' could that be included?

I'd say Walkabout was a club. The one in Cardiff certainly markets itself as a club.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
bailey said:
Is the Hanbury a club in that sense? It's def a members club and I suppose it does have a dance floor but it's normally laid out as a bar?

You're probably right. It used to be a nightclub but now seems to be a private members club.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
ginadim said:
I'd say Walkabout was a club. The one in Cardiff certainly markets itself as a club.

We ended up in there after the play-off final, wanted to go to flares but one of our group couldn't get in as was under 18

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I hear Oceana will be 21 and over when it opens and I know the Beach wants to get rid of the chavs by raising the age to 21 too.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Kenhead said:
We ended up in there after the play-off final, wanted to go to flares but one of our group couldn't get in as was under 18

Avoid like the plague on a Thursday when it's "Bounce" student night. Always a good chance of ending up with someone vomiting on you. Nice.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Where exactly is number 49 - Supercharged???

And why is Audio not down as "Audio - formerly the Escape club"?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I went to Midnight Blues on R&B night once. It kind of reminded me of that scene in Animal House where they go into the black club and Boon says 'We are going to die'.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bluejuice said:
Where exactly is number 49 - Supercharged???

And why is Audio not down as "Audio - formerly the Escape club"?

Doh, good point.

Supercharged is at 29 Kensington Gardens, Brighton. And appears to be a club night as opposed to an actual club. Blame my lack of research, so it can come off the list. Sorry!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Downloaded Penguin said:
I hear Oceana will be 21 and over when it opens and I know the Beach wants to get rid of the chavs by raising the age to 21 too.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I hope so my saturday nights have been runined since the event shut all going to the beach :down: Better door staff who were strickter with id would also help!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Downloaded Penguin said:
Doh, good point.

Supercharged is at 29 Kensington Gardens, Brighton. And appears to be a club night as opposed to an actual club. Blame my lack of research, so it can come off the list. Sorry!

Supercharged @ Audio was where I lost my clubbing virginity and has been a firm favourite ever since. Not so much for the music, but the coked up foreign students.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I lost my clubbing virginity sometime in 1997 at the Paradox.

The Old Skool music they play these days was the Latest Music back then. This scares me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here