Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton late night transoprt ripoff

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
met some friendsin town tonight, and one was aiming to get a trian home to crawleyy.. but anything after 11pm and u r fecked..

the next train would be at 4am, a taxi home may cost £45+, or you face a cold restless night on the station benches..

no coaches going neither. call this place a city? PAH!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If I want to go to a gig in Brighton on a Friday night, I now have to take half a day's leave so that I can drive down to Lewes, as the 23.37 does not run on Fridays and Saturdays any more. They say it is to stop troublemakers travelling. How come the 23.34 still runs to Seaford? The answer is to get the British Transport Police to do the job they were set up to perform; to keep order on the railways. Get some officers to travel on the 23.37 and the trouble will soon fade out. Instead of screwing over people who are contributing to the Brighton economy.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
That last train runs alright! It runs empty to Haywards Heath.
I can remember when there used to be a train to Worthing at about 01:00 and a train to London about 01:00. We used to go drinking till late and get the 01:00 to London en route to away games years ago,

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Train Spotter said:
That last train runs alright! It runs empty to Haywards Heath.
I can remember when there used to be a train to Worthing at about 01:00 and a train to London about 01:00. We used to go drinking till late and get the 01:00 to London en route to away games years ago,

The last London train pulls into Brighton (then Hove) at that time before terminating at Worthing but they won't let you get on it.

What a great idea!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
desprateseagull said:
met some friendsin town tonight, and one was aiming to get a trian home to crawleyy.. but anything after 11pm and u r fecked..

the next train would be at 4am, a taxi home may cost £45+, or you face a cold restless night on the station benches..

no coaches going neither. call this place a city? PAH!

I had a quality nights sleep on a bench on Hove station once after i missed the last train to Worthing was awoken by a guard at 5am he even got me a free cup of tea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Simple solution - go clubbing to any of the decent clubs in Brighton and get teh first train home in the morning.

Its wot i do! Loads of clubs are open till 5,6,7 even 11am now. First train back to worthing is 05:20, and about the same as Crawley. sorted

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Springal said:
Simple solution - go clubbing to any of the decent clubs in Brighton and get teh first train home in the morning.

Its wot i do! Loads of clubs are open till 5,6,7 even 11am now. First train back to worthing is 05:20, and about the same as Crawley. sorted

Theres always the market diner aswell it's amazing how long you can drag out a full breakfast and a cup of tea.

Oct 25, 2003
Springal said:

most clubs in brighton shut at 3am latest

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
turienzo's lovechild said:
most clubs in brighton shut at 3am latest

honey club, Zap, Ocean Rooms, Funky Buddha Lounge, Po Na Na, Sumo [latter 2 are bars but open till 8am ish on most weekends] are open past 3am most if not every weekend

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
for info, the person in question was from Brighton, and moved to Crawley to be nearer to new job..

having already bought a return ticket (advertised times went ater than 11pm), and spent most cash in the pub, going to a club etc to while away the hours was a no go, and walking the streets (steady!) in winter was also not a good idea..

anyways, safely home now.

i might just look into a late night bus franchise...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here