Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton/hove people are so honest!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
:dunce: :dunce:

last night i cycled home from work, left the bike o/side tescos to get some shopping (unlocked)

as it started raining, i went straight home, and totally forgot about the bike, until a couple hourslater, when i locked up to go the bed..

wheres the bike? DOH!

rushed back to the shop, and it was still there, untouched!

what worries me though, is that i was unchallenged when i walked off with it
(perhaps they know me there, too well now!)

:clap2: :drink: :jester:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Think yourself lucky if this had happened in Croydon (Pikeyville) the bike would have been nicked and when you got back home your house would have been turned over.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I once almost left my car at a garage when I started walking home.

I came back from an Albion game a few months ago, got off at West Worthing and started to walk home. Around two minutes up the road, I remembered. I'd left my car at Worthing Central! :shootself

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
despratefan3 said:
:dunce: :dunce:

last night i cycled home from work, left the bike o/side tescos to get some shopping (unlocked)

as it started raining, i went straight home, and totally forgot about the bike, until a couple hourslater, when i locked up to go the bed..

wheres the bike? DOH!

rushed back to the shop, and it was still there, untouched!

what worries me though, is that i was unchallenged when i walked off with it
(perhaps they know me there, too well now!)

:clap2: :drink: :jester:

A bit of a generalisation I think. You were just lucky. I've had a bike nicked from Churchill square (lock cut) and two bikes nicked from garage break ins. These people were't so honest.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I stopped my car at traffic lights in Reading and it was nicked before they turned green.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
sullyupthewing said:
Think yourself lucky if this had happened in Croydon (Pikeyville) the bike would have been nicked and when you got back home your house would have been turned over.

Nah, too obvious.
The bike would still be there - just burnt-out, with its wheels gone, and propped up on bricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here