Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bha-png.186798
mun-png.186812

Albion v Man Utd

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
The American Express Stadium
Date: Saturday 24th August 2024
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Marc Perry, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Robert Madley
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

TEAM NEWS

Brighton's Evan Ferguson, Tariq Lamptey and Pervis Estupinan are back in training but will be assessed ahead of the match.

Yakuba Minteh is available after he was substituted against Everton with concussion.

Fabian Hurzeler says club-record signing Georginio Rutter has “integrated fast into the group” but didn't confirm if he would play in Saturday's match.

Manchester United's Luke Shaw, Rasmus Hojlund, Leny Yoro and Tyrell Malacia remain on the sidelines.

Victor Lindelof is also unavailable to face Brighton because of a toe problem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton's run of four straight league wins against Manchester United was ended by a 2-0 home defeat on the final day of last season.
  • Manchester United have lost 43% of their Premier League meetings with Brighton (six of 14), their highest loss rate against a single opponent.
Albion
  • The Seagulls won their opening Premier League fixture for the fourth consecutive season, beating Everton 3-0 in their first game under Fabian Hurzeler.
  • Albion have lost four of their past five top-flight home games, one more than they had in their previous 25 fixtures at the Amex Stadium.
  • Since the beginning of 2021-22, only Manchester City and Spurs have earned more Premier League points in August than Brighton's 25.
  • James Milner has now appeared in a record 23 Premier League campaigns. He’s been on the winning side in 11 of his 35 appearances against Manchester United in the competition, with only Kyle Walker beating the Red Devils more (12).
Man Utd
  • Manchester United can win their opening two league matches of a season for the first time since 2017-18, when they started with three straight victories.
  • United have lost as many top-flight away games as they have won under Erik ten Hag (W16, D6, L16).
  • The Reds have won their opening Premier League away fixture in only one of the past six seasons (D2, L3), beating Brighton 3-2 away in 2020-21.
  • Manchester United are two short of 200 goals scored in all competitions under Ten Hag.

Fabian Hürzeler's Man Utd Press Conference

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I only get to a few home matches as I spend most weekends driving my kids to sports matches of their own up here in Warwickshire. We make an annual trip to Brighton for the home match around my lad’s birthday in late August. Early kick offs are shit.

Come on Brighton.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I only get to a few home matches as I spend most weekends driving my kids to sports matches of their own
Ha! Yes, likewise. But today is a rare free weekend so I’ve bought tickets for me and the kids for the BIG match!

(Cambridge Utd vs Blackpool)

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Look forward to it today, only one thing I'm worried about from a man u perspective is our high line and their quick attackers. Very curious how we cope, will we manage to cover those runs or can we manage to cut the pass directly from the source...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here