Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Hip Hop Festival

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
As you may have read in Blaze mag, there is going to be the first ever Brighton Hip Hop Festival - Sunday 12th Sept. on Brighton Beach.

12-7pm. a free, live stage outside Gemini's bar feat live performances from:
Amateur Dramatics, Lost Souls, Plan B, Digitek, Sons of the Tribe, The Managerie & Son of Sam (feat. NSC's very own Koaste/D'Angelo Saxon), Pacman, Slip Jam B feat. Non-Conformists, Surgical Cuts (well half of 'em!) and The Floor Crusaders. with DJ's Daps & Newborn + Nick Maxwell. Host MC's will be HP + Brainiac + guests.

During the day they'll also be:
DJ Workshop run by Russ Rockwell with Surgical Cuts
Breaking workshop run by the Floor Crusaders
Graffitti Workshop run by Req 1 & Rarekind Gallery
Music Industry Workshop/Panel with: DJ Excaliber, Brighton Music Network, One Management, Zebra Traffic and Kentake (London Hip Hop Fest.)
Premiere screening of "South Coast - the story of Brighton Hip Hop): which is the documentary that's been in production for about the last year.

There is an 'after-party' @ the Zap (£ ticketed/on the door) - line up being confirmed this week, so watch this space. But definitely feat. DJ Excaliber, Mex, Simpson, and a couple of guest live PAs. (Including me again...)

A CD will be released in assoc. with LUV mag - with tracks from these artists. (Yup, with me again!)

The idea is definately to shoowcase, big up and generally celebrate the hip hop scene in Brighton.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Nice one. Got a big leaving do in the smoke after Watford away but will endeavour to make it.

I run my own club night in town so will try and find you for a chinwag.

Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here