Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton featuring in Champions League match reports

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't happen every day.

Sadly I suspect the Brighton references are said in the "He scored against Chelsea and this is a guy who used to play for a club as small as Brighton" tone of voice.

No it wasn't like that

The former Bury and Brighton forward gave his side some much-needed energy up front alongside the lethargic Kezman and his pace also played a part in their equaliser.

Richards ran clear to meet Aurelio's lobbed through ball and power his shot past a helpless Cudicini.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So why doesn't it read:

"The former Premiership forward gave his side some much-needed energy..."

or

"The former Sheffield United forward gave his side some much-needed energy..."

or even

"The former Sheffield United, Bury and Brighton forward gave his side some much-needed energy...."

Sadly, the point they are making (by ignoring his time at Sheffield United) is that he is a rags-to-riches player coming from playing football at crap sides and now scoring in the Champions League.

I'm as happy to hear stories about Brighton as the next fan, but this one is not quite so positive as it looks.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Remember this is a player not good enough for the Albion

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
It was a cracking goal though I have to say, as was the second.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So why doesn't it read:

"The former Premiership forward gave his side some much-needed energy..."

or

"The former Sheffield United forward gave his side some much-needed energy..."

or even

"The former Sheffield United, Bury and Brighton forward gave his side some much-needed energy...."

Sadly, the point they are making (by ignoring his time at Sheffield United) is that he is a rags-to-riches player coming from playing football at crap sides and now scoring in the Champions League.

I'm as happy to hear stories about Brighton as the next fan, but this one is not quite so positive as it looks.

Actually, that quote is taken from the BBC website, and it does mention Sheffield United.

Richards, who managed only one goal in the Premier League last season during an ill-fated spell at Sheffield United, came off the bench to play a key role in his side's fightback.

The former Bury and Brighton forward gave his side some much-needed energy up front alongside the lethargic Kezman and his pace also played a part in their equaliser.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My favourite line was "Kazim-Richards, or Kazim-Kazim as he likes to be known, last year got relegated with Warnocks Sheffield United, and the year before that he was being relegated with Mark McGhee's Brighton"

I saw an interview with him a few weeks back and the Kazim-Kazim thing has more to do with the Turks not liking European names than any personal preference on Colin's part. I wonder what they'd have called him if his name had been registered properly..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here