Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Fans...

Are we good fans?

• We are a loyal set of fans. One of the best in the land.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Overrated. The Drogba of football fans.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Is this fence safe to sit on?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Listen very carefully, I shall say this only vonce...

We seem to revel in the fact that we saved the club from Archer/Stanley and those other rude boys, yet pawltry attendances and failure to fill Withdean regularly seems to point to the fact that we are overrated and extremely fickle.

Yet, on the other side of the coin, it is difficult to gauge how other clubs would fair playing in an Athletics stadium (2nd rate at that - hardly a Crystal Palace *spit8 ). Safe to say Reading wouldn't be doing so well....;)

Discuss...

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Monsieur Leclerc said:
Listen very carefully, I shall say this only vonce...

We seem to revel in the fact that we saved the club from Archer/Stanley and those other rude boys, yet pawltry attendances and failure to fill Withdean regularly seems to point to the fact that we are overrated and extremely fickle.

Yet, on the other side of the coin, it is difficult to gauge how other clubs would fair playing in an Athletics stadium (2nd rate at that - hardly a Crystal Palace *spit8 ). Safe to say Reading wouldn't be doing so well....;)

Discuss...

Very good points,but even if you are the most loyal fans you need to see good football and a team that will sweat blood and tears for the shirt

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think Reading would have about 6 fans if they had been through what we have suffered. It is hard to say how other teams would cope with such adversity. I guess you would have to look at the likes of Wrexham and Aldershot for examples of how fans will never give up the fight. Don't think there is a lot of difference apart from that we seem to try and help everyone out and not just ourselves.

I think today was wonderfully nostalgic.

We haven't been that crap since the first season at the Priestfield.

If you're new to the club in the last five years... welcome to an experience that some of us old hands used to travel 140 miles to enjoy.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Monsieur LeClerc, sir! Being something of a fallen Madonna meself (but minus the essential accoutrements) I will say this only once. We are unique. Since I know of no other fans who can take the rough with the smooth, the ups with the downs, the good and the bad, the er...and the er, any other number of mixed metaphors, and still, at the end of the day proclaim with pride that we are, indeed, Brighton 'til we Die!

(a crueller, casual observer might, of course, conclude that we are actually just a bunch of deluded bufoons)
;)

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Going by the sports section in the guardian today, our fans wre named as the best away fans by 2/3 clubs. Reading were unanamously the worst.:lolol:

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
I would say we are fairly loyal like most sets of fans and like to see the team do well. i also think we have endured quite a few ups and downs over the years that make us eunique???? ( Spelling) but certainly not the best in the land and not the worst . ( How on the fence was that ?)??? ??? :blush: :cool:

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Deluded buffoons we may be, are even. But we bleed blue and white. Come wind, rain or sun we will watch the Brighton players and clap them on, or the Stoke players in the latest case. Knowing that we helped wrangle the club from ruthless money merchants, with the help of a Dick and a Martin.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I would say that we have a hard core of fans who are intensely loyal at the same time as being humorous and healthily cynical. This group is also sufficiently organised to be able to campaign in a co-ordinated way for ourselves and others. Certainly not overrated but not that big in number.

However, there is an extended and highly fickle fanbase who probably match the profile of the Reading fans that we slag off on here. We are unlikely to see many them around for a while, but they do hold the key to the club's future in financial terms.

1066gull

Lord Bracknell said:
I think today was wonderfully nostalgic.

We haven't been that crap since the first season at the Priestfield.

If you're new to the club in the last five years... welcome to an experience that some of us old hands used to travel 140 miles to enjoy.
Oh what f***ing joy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here