Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Fans...........So Sorry

jono

Oct 3, 2003
Hi Brighton Fans......excuse me for butting in on your site but i felt the need to write.

As a Reading fan i understand what you all must be going through. I personally think it stinks. This business with managers being taken/moving to different clubs during a season is just not on. I think the powers that be should bring in a rulling so that clubs/managers are tied form the start of a season till its end.
All this changing/sacking/ surely cannot be good for the game in general and in the long term our game of football will suffer.

I hope SC stays and continues the good job he is doing at B&HA.

Reading?......well i think we should set an example and promote from within.

regards and good luck for the season

Jono

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
:clap: :clap: :clap:

jono

Oct 3, 2003
oapdodge said:
What about clubs sacking managers ??

Hi Oapdodge

As i said i think clubs/managers should be tied for a season.

Clubs should not be able to sack managers during a season, i know that if a club is doing badly then it appears to be an easy option to sack a manager but at the start of a season you choose your man and that should be it. So far i think 8 or 9 managers have been given the push, only 7-10 games into the season.....utter madness.......30+ games to go.....anything can happen.

I think the LMA have got to step in and make some rules.

I'm affraid i don't have any perfect answers but i strongly feel it's time that something was done.

jono

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
jono said:
Hi Brighton Fans......excuse me for butting in on your site but i felt the need to write.

As a Reading fan i understand what you all must be going through. I personally think it stinks. This business with managers being taken/moving to different clubs during a season is just not on. I think the powers that be should bring in a rulling so that clubs/managers are tied form the start of a season till its end.
All this changing/sacking/ surely cannot be good for the game in general and in the long term our game of football will suffer.

I hope SC stays and continues the good job he is doing at B&HA.

Reading?......well i think we should set an example and promote from within.

regards and good luck for the season

Well said, We haven't a problem with any Reading fans as a few post on here all the time and they are nice people.

What the football leauge should do is do what happens with the premiershite and that is have a window during after christmas allowing other clubs to speak to other managers of other clubs.

It's not on when a manager leaves one club to a better one and then the club who have lost out could result in the club missing out on promotion or a play-off spot.

The quicker this is sorted the better. Its the fans who lose out and feel hard done by. Concidering the fans by season tickets because they think the manger will stay and will gain promotion and watch good fotball.

:censored:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well said Jono.

Your comments are appreciated!:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why should football be different from any other industry, where people come and go all the time. There is a hell of a difference between what Pardew did with the complete disregard for the terms of his contract, and what Coppell seems likely to do after tomorrow, which is to invoke a standard contract clause that all managers have in football in relation to clubs from a higher division.

All we can do as fans is give him support, and lets be honest, there is a bigoted minority amongst the fan base who dislike him because he was formerly a Palace manager, but remember that they sacked him, so his allegiance to the club will be slight. Such people should be ashamed of themselves.

Leicester fans persuaded Martin O'Neill to stay with the club for an extra season when Leeds first came sniffing round, so you can make a difference, unless of course the white flags have already been raised, in which case join the Italian Army

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
f*** that a whole season of Hinshelwood!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here