Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton comedienne wins funniest joke at Edinburgh Fringe

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Thank God it's nearly over and we can have our city back!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That joke is shit,

The Top 10 funniest jokes from the Fringe
1. Zoe Lyons – "I can't believe Amy Winehouse self-harms. She's so irritating she must be able to find someone to do it for her." (11.65%)

2. Andrew Laurence – "Most of us have a skeleton in the cupboard. David Beckham takes his out in public." (10.10%)

3. Lloyd Langford – "My girlfriend said 'did you know that hippopotamuses kill more people every year than guns?' 'Yes,' I said, 'but a gun is easier to conceal." (9.90%)

4. Josie Long – "When I was a kid I asked my mum what a couple was and she said 'oh, two or three.' And she wonders why her marriage didn't work." (7.35%)

5. Tim Vine – "Velcro. What a rip-off." (6.10%)

6. Stephen Grant – "The Scots invented hypnosis, chloroform and the hypodermic syringe - wouldn't it be easier just to talk to a woman?" (5.80%)

7. Edward Aczel – "So far Bird Flu has only killed 47 people. By the time it ends, it's going to have killed 37 million. It's got to get going, hasn't it, if it's going to be the pandemic we've all been hoping for." (5.60%)

8. Joan Rivers – "Grandchildren can be f**king annoying. How many times can you go 'And the cow goes moo and the pig goes oink'? It's like talking to a supermodel." (3.75%)

9. Tom Stade – "I like Jesus but he loves me, so it's awkward." (3.55%)

10. Jeff Kreisler – "People were outraged because of Barack Obama's spiritual advisor. I think it's great he had one. Who was George Bush's spiritual advisor? Jim Beam? Johnnie Walker? Jack Daniels?" (3.40%)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
These missed out but are rather good

Arthur Smith – "A man goes to the doctor for his annual check-up. The doctor says, 'I'm afraid you're going to have to stop masturbating.' The man says, why? The doctor says, 'Well, I'm trying to examine you'."

Wil Hodgson – "I don't like the C-word, but if it was done away with, there'd be nothing to call Jim Davidson."

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
think her response to wuinning is funnier
Ms Lyons said: "I am absolutely delighted to have won the award. I know self-harming is not funny but it's just a joke, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it."

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I liked number 3, and number 10 at a push, all the rest were pretty lame.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
6. Stephen Grant – "The Scots invented hypnosis, chloroform and the hypodermic syringe - wouldn't it be easier just to talk to a woman?" (5.80%)

)

Coffee. Screen. :bowdown:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
3 is quite funny in a silly way. The rest of them are all shit. Is number 7 even a joke?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not as good as the joke in Monty Python that the British Army took over to the Germans that helped us win the second world war. Now that joke was funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here