Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton College.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Right up there academically. Football is not it's major sport though. What else is on your list?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
high performing. low on smiles

This is pretty much spot on. I get lots of students coming from Brighton College to my college. They all have brilliant grades but did not always enjoy the experience. It seems that the teachers are very strict, discipline is draconian but they get the results.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
This is pretty much spot on. I get lots of students coming from Brighton College to my college. They all have brilliant grades but did not always enjoy the experience. It seems that the teachers are very strict, discipline is draconian but they get the results.

May I ask which college you are at? Just intrigued :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I work at Sussex Downs College in Lewes. Brighton college get better results but I think it says something when many of them choose to leave there at 16 and come to ours instead. May be because of the better social life though :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I went to the Junior School in the 80s. Shared a few things with the senior schoo - great canteen, I seem to remember, not that that helps. No football. And Saturday school. Do they still do that?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Go through the gap in the fence and use their tennis courts on weekends or evenings (unless the world has changed in the last 20 years). Good stuff. I used to take a tape recorder through and play tennis whilst listening to some hip-hop tinnily, and having a snout at the end of each set.

Best mixed sex school in the Brighton area. It's exam results are way in front of other private & state schools. At the end of the day you pay your money (or not in state schools) & have to weigh up whether you are getting value for money.

Brighton college unlike many other private schools does not allow children whose parents can simply afford the fees. If the kids do not perform they are out.

My lad goes to Shoreham college. A private school but not reliant on selection. The results are not as good as Brighton college but are better than the state schools. Not so pressurised but then the fees are lower as well as the results! In the end the kids have to go in the real world at some time & for us Shoreham has that great mix.

If you can afford private & your children are more than average ability it is a price that I believe is well worth paying.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Nope - too generalised a comment. My son goes to a state school in Kent and it rapes the results of all the private schools.

95% A/B grades at A-level and 80% A*/A at GCSE is extremely impressive, though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Brighton college get 99% A-C pass rate, the next best school in Brighton & Hove get 62%.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008

they all only have good grades is cus they kick out the under achivers

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
they all only have good grades is cus they kick out the under achivers

Not really true for GCSE. I think you need 10 'points' to get into sixth form there.

B- 1 point.

A - 2 points.

A* - 3 points.

C or below - 0.

That's 8 B's and an A minimum, which with some reasonably hard work is not too much to ask for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here