Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton apathy.........

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Ok, after saturday i (like ALL others at withers) was utterly euphoric, thought we played great, and refreshing to see an albion side push for goals for 90 minutes.

I went to watch the sunday games in a pub and got chatting to various randoms, one told me he was 'a brighton boy' said he didnt go to games because 'the ground's shit'- ok fair enough i thought, then i proceded to tell how great the 8-0 game was- he kept inteupting with 'yeah but your only playing a shit non-league side'

REALLY annoyed me, a bloke claiming to supprt the albion down playing our famous 8-0 victory- why not just celebrate the fact that we did well and made the headlines for the right reasons for a change!

Had a simular reaction from a fat guy in the bogs, i dont get it- im fiercely proud of supporting the albion - wish others in this football hating county would be the same......:albion:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you should stop talking to fat blokes in bogs, to be honest.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know what you mean. You sometimes feel you need jump leads to get anyone excited over this county's proud recent achievements.

Which is why, if you're proud of your county's heritage and sporting prowess, and you want to show it, shop at SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon.

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nice ad in the program btw. Could you not show an old toffs Albion shirt though?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Large One said:
I know what you mean. You sometimes feel you need jump leads to get anyone excited over this county's proud recent achievements.

Which is why, if you're proud of your county's heritage and sporting prowess, and you want to show it, shop at SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon.

You're not opening a new shop are you?

Well, The Large One, please do tell me in full technicolour what I am likely to be able to purchase in your fine NEW establishment. Go on, go on go on, I know you want to

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think it comes back to how much of a fan you are. I do not just mean going to games etc.

I have not been to many games this season due to the fact my partner has just had a baby. However I still listern to all the games, read teletext, papers, NSC etc all the time to get the latest news.

Yes we were playing a non-league side, yes they were shit, but we still won 8-0. The difference in level is not that much. Would Man U put 8 past us?

The bloke you were talking about is just a follower of the team. Does not care about results etc. If we lose a game I am pissed of for the next week. Fans like this do not even blink about it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Plastic fans. The types that would go along for the big games in their replica tops no doubt bought from a shop such as SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon, yet trying to get them along when the club really really needs them is impossible.

It helps if we all try and give the Albion a bigger presence. More advertising, more shops, such as SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon, selling the local clubs stuff.

By the way TLO, did you say that you were opening a shop selling Albion and Sussex memorabilia called SPORTING COLOURS at 94 Gloucester Road, Brighton?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
hans kraay fan club said:
I think you should stop talking to fat blokes in bogs, to be honest.

What is he meant to do if it is not talk?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yeah,

and the bogs were quite small- i always find it a little uncomfortable if you dont say something to the bloke next to you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Buzzer said:
Plastic fans. The types that would go along for the big games in their replica tops no doubt bought from a shop such as SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon, yet trying to get them along when the club really really needs them is impossible.

It helps if we all try and give the Albion a bigger presence. More advertising, more shops, such as SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton - for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods. Opening soon, selling the local clubs stuff.

By the way TLO, did you say that you were opening a shop selling Albion and Sussex memorabilia called SPORTING COLOURS at 94 Gloucester Road, Brighton?

I believe he did say he was opening a shop selling Albion and Sussex memorabilia called SPORTING COLOURS at 94 Gloucester Road, Brighton.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The Large One said:
Depends if his mouth is full at the time, I suppose.

I think you will find that he was telling him about this new shop called SPORTING COLOURS that is opening soon at 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton. It will be the place to go for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear sporting goods.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
What an amazing concept !!! i think we should all open shops called Sporting colours at 94 gloucester Road Brighton.

I think it would be amazing to sell Sussex-based, proud-to-wear goods

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not got an old Albion top? Then get yourself down to this new shop called SPORTING COLOURS that is opening soon at 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton. It will be the place to go for all your Sussex-based, proud-to-wear sporting goods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here