Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton And Hove Albion U21's 3- Le Havre U21's 0- Player Report

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
It was a good half an hour return for Adam in my opinion. I know this as i was the linesman in the game today. He seemed strong, a bit unfit, but then a few weeks back training will get him sharp again.

Joe Gatting played extremely well, he looks to be a great potent striker (although not scoring today), his movement off the ball, impressed me and the coaches.

Dean Cox was skillful, very quick on the ball, and scored a marvelous goal. He seems to be a very hot prospect for the Albion future.

The two Elphick brothers played, very assured at the back, strong in the tackle, with Tommy (who came on for Adam after 30 minutes), probably having the better display. However, they played well together, were very vocal and commanded from the back. These two were as i mentioned strong, and look very promising as the two centre backs we need at the back in the future, those two, if kept on will command both centre back positions in future.

After weeks of Goalkeeper uncertainty, there are two goalkeepers that should and will definately feature in MM's plans maybe next season. These two are John Sullivan and Richard Martin. Both very loud, and the defence were in no mind as to what each of them wanted from their defence. Both very good shot stoppers.

A special mention must also go to Steve May, Son of ex albion player Larry May, as his performance at right back was also very good.

As there was no programme for the game I do not know the name of the "trialist" he was a very quick player, and had a great first touch. He was quite young so I do not know whether he is the player you all think he is....watch this space.

Brighton bossed the game in the first half, leading to two fantastic strikes but were caught in the second half, and were dictated to by the french. The third goal came against the run of play.

All that is left for me to say is that at present from todays performances from a select few, we have the future players for Brighton and Hove Albion. The standard of this team was very very good.

Hope this was all ok.

Referee87
:albion:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
good stuff mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
excellent, well done boys and referee for your match report

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
OK..........I will renew my season ticket then...............:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is not good enough I demand to know the trialists name

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
brightonfan_86 said:
Did he play upfront or on the wing?

he played as an attacking midfielder. He looks as though he could play upfront too, but his goal came from about 20 yards out. My apologies for not being able to provide his name BUT at the time, i did not know that he was a trialist until I read it on seagulls.co.uk.....

After the match, I quizzed Martin Hinshelwood about Wayne Henderson. He remained very tight lipped about the situation, just saying "we are trying to work things out at the moment" When I said so he may definately join, he added, "we hope so"

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Referee87 said:
he played as an attacking midfielder. He looks as though he could play upfront too, but his goal came from about 20 yards out. My apologies for not being able to provide his name BUT at the time, i did not know that he was a trialist until I read it on seagulls.co.uk

Attacking midfielder sounds promising.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
no no, John Sullivan played for 75 minutes very good goalkeeper. Richard Martin the last 15 minutes, he was also very good, and looks extremely promising.

What happened to Everton's interest in him ?

Referee87 said:
It was a good half an hour return for Adam in my opinion. I know this as i was the linesman in the game today. He seemed strong, a bit unfit, but then a few weeks back training will get him sharp again.

Joe Gatting played extremely well, he looks to be a great potent striker (although not scoring today), his movement off the ball, impressed me and the coaches.

Dean Cox was skillful, very quick on the ball, and scored a marvelous goal. He seems to be a very hot prospect for the Albion future.

The two Elphick brothers played, very assured at the back, strong in the tackle, with Tommy (who came on for Adam after 30 minutes), probably having the better display. However, they played well together, were very vocal and commanded from the back. These two were as i mentioned strong, and look very promising as the two centre backs we need at the back in the future, those two, if kept on will command both centre back positions in future.

After weeks of Goalkeeper uncertainty, there are two goalkeepers that should and will definately feature in MM's plans maybe next season. These two are John Sullivan and Richard Martin. Both very loud, and the defence were in no mind as to what each of them wanted from their defence. Both very good shot stoppers.

A special mention must also go to Steve May, Son of ex albion player Larry May, as his performance at right back was also very good.

As there was no programme for the game I do not know the name of the "trialist" he was a very quick player, and had a great first touch. He was quite young so I do not know whether he is the player you all think he is....watch this space.

Brighton bossed the game in the first half, leading to two fantastic strikes but were caught in the second half, and were dictated to by the french. The third goal came against the run of play.

All that is left for me to say is that at present from todays performances from a select few, we have the future players for Brighton and Hove Albion. The standard of this team was very very good.

Hope this was all ok.

Referee87
:albion:

Excellent report, many thanks :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice to beat a Le Havre team at last!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Dont get me wrong LI, they did have a heavy spell in the second half where they battered us. And the goal really was against the run of play. They also had a few excellent players, and I overheard a few of the Albion coaches commenting on them. Is there not a exchange programme in place ? maybe we could se a few over here for trials ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BarrelofFun said:
I assumed Kuipers was in goal as that was the picture they put on the website!! :angry:

That was a library pic of Hinsh (it was in the old away kit)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Referee87 said:
no no, John Sullivan played for 75 minutes very good goalkeeper. Richard Martin the last 15 minutes, he was also very good, and looks extremely promising.

What happened to Everton's interest in him ?
I believe he turned them down saying that Keely is one of the best goalkeeping coaches there is.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Great news, and great post. I have put something on the Le Havre board to try to get some idea of their assesment of the strength of their team. It won't have included any first-teamers, as they played on Tuesday night. There's nothing about the U21 game on their official site.

Referee87 said:
Dont get me wrong LI, they did have a heavy spell in the second half where they battered us. And the goal really was against the run of play. They also had a few excellent players, and I overheard a few of the Albion coaches commenting on them. Is there not a exchange programme in place ? maybe we could se a few over here for trials ?

To be fair to Le Havre, I don't think they want another Liverpool type of exchange programme where their good players get nicked - it is primarily focused I think on exchange of ideas on club organisation, coaching methods, work in the community, etc.

And it gives us a nice trip in July :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here