Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Fan Club, do we need one ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For some reason, maybe too much time on my hands perhaps I was just thinking about our Fan Club or lack there of. I know we used to have one but what happened to it ?

Thing is, do we need or want one ? If so what purpose would it serve ?

Whilst we have the REMF and various boards we don't really have a forum for all fans do we ? Granted we have a board who are seemingly far more in touch with the fans unlike previous administrations. I just wonder what others think. Seems that a lot of clubs don't have Official Supporters Clubs but I could be wrong.

What do you think ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Er, we DO have a Supporters Club.

May not be everyone's kind of organisation, as it's a bit woolly hats and quizzes on the coach, but there is one. Always has been. And there are others, like the A21 Club, and so on. Not quite sure what you mean?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ah, I did wonder about Costa packets club. Didn't know it was still the 'Official' fan club. Clearly it's very low profile.

I sit corrected.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
bhaexpress said:
For some reason, maybe too much time on my hands perhaps I was just thinking about our Fan Club or lack there of. I know we used to have one but what happened to it ?

Thing is, do we need or want one ? If so what purpose would it serve ?

Whilst we have the REMF and various boards we don't really have a forum for all fans do we ? Granted we have a board who are seemingly far more in touch with the fans unlike previous administrations. I just wonder what others think. Seems that a lot of clubs don't have Official Supporters Clubs but I could be wrong.

What do you think ?

We've (A21 A.S.C.) been going since 1991 so not long compared to the BHAFC SC (though it seems like we've been running it forever). Are such clubs needed ? well I flippin hope so otherwise we've been wasting our time ;)

The 325 fans on my database have thought so at one time or another. We provide organised travel to EVERY away game, figure that's reasonably important as the club don't organise their own anymore. We've raised thousands for the club and will be handing over another cheque at ten past two on Saturday to Malcolm Stuart for physiotherapy equipment. We provide sponsorship and have campaigned long and hard in battles against and in support of club boards.

I personally would have thought that EVERY club has some sort of incarnation of a supporters group or club.

Click the link in my signature to see what we do (no bobble hats or bingo in sight I'm afraid).

I am actually rather proud of the fact that we have so many different supporters groups that the club can be associated with. Otherwise it would just get like the Premisership with all their tickets and travel packages ONLY available through their agents which means paying through the nose and no vareity of product

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
why don't you start your own bhaexpress, NORTH STAND CHAT OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB (official) :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here