Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Would appreciate the views of those attending tonights game on Mr Bridcutt as his name was barely menioned by the clueless commentary yet the Plymouth fans seem to rate him.I like to get a balanced view so always pay a sneaky visit to the other teams 'NSC' and this is the best quote ......

'Didn't we know that Brighton play Spanish tippy-tappy football? Did we have them watched?
It was obvious that Bridcutt was running the show in the first half (similar to Charlie Adam last season) and yet we didn't put a player on him. The penny dropped in the second half when Rory Patterson dropped deep and man-marked Bridcutt, the result was that Argyle had more of the ball and applied more pressure. But the damage had been done, Bridcutt should have been taken out of the game early in the first half and stop Brighton's passing game. It's not rocket science!

As it was, it was two crosses that cost us. We didn't deal with them and Brighton, despite their tippy-tappy football, scored two agricultural goals'
:eek::lolol:

So was he good?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I like the fact that other fans see us as playing tippy tappy football but we can still score two 'agricultural' goals and beat a strong team at their place. It may not be the finished article just yet but I'm enjoying the first few weeks of this season.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I mentioned on another thread i think it may be wise to try and give him a longer deal TBH

Thnk I'll wait till I've seen 90mins of him ....but all the signs are encouraging if you can believe the janners. I find it hard to form a realistic view just listening to a game which is why I was hoping for a first hand view ....were you there ?

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i thought he was superb

was always available and wanting the ball,kept things ticking over and rarely gave it away if at all

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I think the 'agricultural goals' comment is particularly encouraging. We're playing a passing game but, if you take that view at face value, when the right ball is get-it-into-the-channel-get-after-it-cross-goal, or the right option is getting it into the box from a set piece, then we're doing it. Intelligent footie IMHO.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Didn't trek to Argyle last night but for me he was our best player in the JPT game v Orient. Looked very comfortable on the ball and gave it away very little.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting, we have a newish signing and he's yet to be slagged off. Oh yes, TCB is banned isn't he ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The first goal came from a free kick that was touched in....alright it's not exactly Barcelona but I fail to see how that makes it "agricultural" :lolol:

Still...I suppose if any team would know about agriculture it would be Plymouth, so perhaps we should take their word for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The commentators on Sussex counties did mention how good Bridcutt was playing.

No they didn't but BIRDcut seemed to do well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here