Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan - shocking

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If he was playing regularly he wouldn't have been so bad. The consequences of not playing regularly.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The harsh reality is that if we go up we are going to need a new keeper. Brezovan clearly not good enough for league 1. Ankergren is ok for league 1 and has been integral with his quick distribution from the back and is a shot stopper. However I fear that his lack of dominance when dealing with crosses will be more exposed if we go up.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
The harsh reality is that if we go up we are going to need a new keeper. Brezovan clearly not good enough for league 1. Ankergren is ok for league 1 and has been integral with his quick distribution from the back and is a shot stopper. However I fear that his lack of dominance when dealing with crosses will be more exposed if we go up.

agreed

Juan Neal

Oct 20, 2005
Why single Brez out? We're playing a top 10 prem side and I think we've conducted ourselves well. We're simply not good enough but that's not an embarrasment.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Why single Brez out? We're playing a top 10 prem side and I think we've conducted ourselves well. We're simply not good enough but that's not an embarrasment.

He cost us two goals. Simples.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As Gerbil said, it's so difficult for a goalie to play well when he is only playing 1 game every 4 weeks. Goalies need runs of games to settle in, Brez is chucked in at the deep end and expected to perform. Yes he made some mistakes but he's played well in other games and is not suddenly a bad goalkeeper.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Get real Brezovan is a reserve goalie in a third tier side playing against a premiership team. Some perspective please!

Agree entirley And as we all know football is about team work And I for one felt proud today Makes we wonder sometimes about some on here

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Think the Brez vs Casper argument has well and truly been settled today

This..never has been any arguement in my book. Think Brez may just have played his last game in an Albion shirt as we have no more cup games and barring any injuries to Casper he will not start. Cant see him being here come August.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Harsh very harsh. How many keepers have gone there and struggled with the throws. They put a big fella in front and try to get the ball under the cross bar, he isn't the first and definitely won't be the last to struggle

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Last week watching the two keepers warm up I just looked at Brez and thought thank god you arent in goal! He was poor, I always liked him last season but watching the dvd of last season he was poor at times on top of this having had a lack of games this season has evidently had a real knock in confidents because today he was awful! I still think he's league one standards but a team will never be top with him between the sticks! A league two would suit him best i think

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Harsh very harsh. How many keepers have gone there and struggled with the throws. They put a big fella in front and try to get the ball under the cross bar, he isn't the first and definitely won't be the last to struggle

Brez was SHOCKING today. SHOCKING. Of course there are theories as to why, but the conclusion to all is that TODAY he was SHOCKING.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Think the Brez vs Casper argument has well and truly been settled today

Not really, as I think the onslaught of long balls, and crosses into the box would have been Caspers worst nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here