Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brexit party handing out leaflets outside Falmer station..

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Good points but there is an underlying or latent racism present in British society - not unlike other European countries . Brexit has made this acceptable with about 23 % of the population . Very very sad indeed
Very unlike other European countries, who have massive militant far right fascist representation right across the continent. Britain, being populated by humans, has racism.... but not nearly on the same level as those lovely oiks across the water from us.... I think you would benefit from reading wider than you appear to at the moment.

Start by looking at this entry level BBC report..... https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject....0&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fworld-europe-36130006

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Haven’t read the debate that drove this so not really commenting on that but on PR itself. For me PR is not panacea for our many political woes but its about representation. Too many people know their votes don’t directly count in a FPP. So many people talking to me about how they are trying to game their vote in this election. We have a fragmented political system now and FPTP isn’t coping. But with the two main parties having the most to lose I’m not holding my breath t o see this in my lifetime, although I am in a fortunate position this time to be in one of the hotly contested seats and with the party I will vote for in the mix. :smile:

The little microdebate began with a conversation with @Zefarelli, whose views I respect, triggered by my curiosity about what PR actually provides, set against its weaknesses.

I understand that presently if you vote labour but you end up with a tory MP then you can argue that your 'voice hasn't been heard'. My response to that would be 'it has, but the majority in your constituency preferred another voice'.

There is a separate argument that if the party you like got 15% of the vote nationally it should have 15% of the seats. That is a more compelling argument, and I can see a push for this eventually resulting in change. Whether this would be a good thing is another matter. I put my views about this earlier. And I agree with you that the bigger parties won't support it - turkeys voting for Christmas and all that.

I'm still annoyed with the asinine comments of whatsisface this morning, however. I am prepared to consider PR, but I am not going to support it without persuasion. Accusing me of false argument because I failed to mention the 2.8% who support the monster raving loony party, or whatever he said......??? WTAF? In what way is that any argument about anything?

It simply isn't going to happen though. The only party who wants it is the Liberals. Why? Because they would get more seasts with PR. Unfortunately they don't have enough support to win a vote on PR, not even with PR.

And I don't really care how many people 'support' PR. I'm pretty sure it is fewer than the number who support capital punishment, and I don't want that back.

Anyway....and exhale :lolol: :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Probably best to turn it in now. You always take it just a touch too far.

But unlike you, I have not even started throwing unsubstantiated insults about yet. Too far? Not even near your norm, and I could go much, much further, but no doubt you would call for a policeman.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But unlike you, I have not even started throwing unsubstantiated insults about yet. Too far? Not even near your norm, and I could go much, much further, but no doubt you would call for a policeman.

You're probably right. Have a lovely day.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The little microdebate began with a conversation with @Zefarelli, whose views I respect, triggered by my curiosity about what PR actually provides, set against its weaknesses.

I understand that presently if you vote labour but you end up with a tory MP then you can argue that your 'voice hasn't been heard'. My response to that would be 'it has, but the majority in your constituency preferred another voice'.

There is a separate argument that if the party you like got 15% of the vote nationally it should have 15% of the seats. That is a more compelling argument, and I can see a push for this eventually resulting in change. Whether this would be a good thing is another matter. I put my views about this earlier. And I agree with you that the bigger parties won't support it - turkeys voting for Christmas and all that.

I'm still annoyed with the asinine comments of whatsisface this morning, however. I am prepared to consider PR, but I am not going to support it without persuasion. Accusing me of false argument because I failed to mention the 2.8% who support the monster raving loony party, or whatever he said......??? WTAF? In what way is that any argument about anything?

It simply isn't going to happen though. The only party who wants it is the Liberals. Why? Because they would get more seasts with PR. Unfortunately they don't have enough support to win a vote on PR, not even with PR.

And I don't really care how many people 'support' PR. I'm pretty sure it is fewer than the number who support capital punishment, and I don't want that back.

Anyway....and exhale :lolol: :thumbsup:

Yes, yes, all very good but what about the 2.8% :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, yes, all very good but what about the 2.8% :lolol:

You called? :dunce: I have actually voted for them in the past, some years back in Adur they had just as much chance as anyone else against one of the safest blue seats. I just hoped he kept his deposit.

Let's face it, their proposals are just as likely to happen as some of the bollocks spouted by the big boys.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well no as it was not funny. You still used a mental illness to try to mock someone. Shamefull.

And yet you used the phrase 'old foggies' not so long ago to mock elderly people because you hate old people. Glass houses Plooks, glass houses. Turned off you heating yet ? Only ask as I know how much you want to help prevent climate change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here