Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford views

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Some views from their forum:

--------------

firstly we didnt deserve a point-brighton werent that good a side but we made them look better than they are by too often playing route one football, resulting in our forwards geting outmuscled by brighton-i dont think they managed to win one header against brightons strong (physically) defence.

oh one more thing-brightons number 19 (jake robinson) ran the game and seemed to be giving us a lot of problems at the back with his pace.

also if brighton like brooker so much they can have him!

-------------------

Brighton had long spells when they had the better of the midfield, but we defended well on the edge of our box. They scored a penalty, a goal from open play and Nels had one other save to make. Similarly, we scored a free kick, one from open play and their keeper saved a header and a free kick.

Brighton looked more composed at times and a bit tidier in their play, but should have been a lot more threatening. We could have done more, but looked as threatening as we've come to expect. I thought at the end of it a point wasn't undeserved.

-------------------

Very, very poor performance today. V lucky to get a point out of it IMO. First half hour it looked like we'd get hammered.. We were second to the ball in midfield and neither of our wide players gave any support to the full backs resulting in us getting slaughtered down our right side..

-------------------

Brighton might not be world beaters but they will finish higher than either of the two teams we have played so far and may be top 6. They break quickly and in Lynch have probably the best centre back in the division.

---------------------

For the first 20 minutes or so BHA looked a class apart - they were strong and broke with pace and i thought we were gonna take a hiding. Then slowly it changed and i'm not sure why? Did they take their foot off the gas or should LR get the credit for tactically getting it right by changing things round? It certainly wasnt down to us playing well because today we just didnt (IMO). But in the 2nd half they were no better than Northampton on Tuesday night.

----------------------

1066gull

Turkey said:
Brighton might not be world beaters but they will finish higher than either of the two teams we have played so far and may be top 6. They break quickly and in Lynch have probably the best centre back in the division.
If we can keep Lynch which I think is a big ask.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Fair comments, especially the bit about Joel being the best defender in the division :clap:

Fair comments, especially the bit about them lucky to get a point. Don't give a stuff about the 4-0 curse, we can go to their place with no fear whatsoever.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
All fair comments. Nice to see another team not coming out with the "We should be beating teams like Brighton" crap.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Fair comments, especially the bit about them lucky to get a point. Don't give a stuff about the 4-0 curse, we can go to their place with no fear whatsoever.

Dont think they were - they had most of the ball in the secong half

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They were lucky to still be in touch. With a decent ref we would have won easily.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Interesting to see the views from the other side. On a more important note, my 5 year old loves your Avatar Turkey, had to leave your post on the computer so he could watch it!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Gordon the Gopher said:
Interesting to see the views from the other side. On a more important note, my 5 year old loves your Avatar Turkey, had to leave your post on the computer so he could watch it!

:lolol: Marvellous scenes.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Dont think they were - they had most of the ball in the secong half
If that was true, then those Brentford fans would be praising their team and saying how they deserved the point - read the comments again without your anti-Magoo glasses on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"also if brighton like brooker so much they can have him!"

Can we? :)

Silent Bob said:
"also if brighton like brooker so much they can have him!"

Can we? :)

He was, er, Doug Loft-tastic yesterday :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
If that was true, then those Brentford fans would be praising their team and saying how they deserved the point - read the comments again without your anti-Magoo glasses on.

Quite happy to - Mcghee said himself they were the better side in te second half - how man shots did Nelson have to save?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Quite happy to - Mcghee said himself they were the better side in te second half - how man shots did Nelson have to save?

More than Hendo in that half! :D

Had 3 good chances in the second half, Nelson had to makes saves from both Stokes and from Cox.

And our best chance was from that Jake run, which alas he chose to have a weak shot just wide when Hammond was completely unmarked.

And fair play, I don't mind you and I doing a role reversal on our agreement with McGhee :lol: I recognise he has to come down on the players like a ton of bricks for the sloppiness.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
London Irish said:
And our best chance was from that Jake run, which alas he chose to have a weak shot just wide when Hammond was completely unmarked.

This has been stated by quite a few people now. I thought Jakey had a go at Hammond as he wanted Deano to run inside rather than drifting wider and wider and in the end was left with no alternative, but to have a go himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here