Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Branston Pickle

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Right everyone with Branston pickle at home get it on eBay now for the A&K fund!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
:ohmy: Christmas isnt Christmas without the Branston !

Thankfully i have mine.....and its all mine i tell you :)

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
As a tip for Branston fans, get to smaller shops (one stops co op etc.) they still have some Tesco's etc have run out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
BRING OUT THE BRANSTON

All immitations should be shunned!!

We managed to buy a small jar last week!

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
From the Bury Fee Press
"Branston Pickle is back!Production of Branston Pickle re-started yesterday at a Bury St Edmunds factory closed down by fire last month.
Staff celebrated the re-opening and Branston producers Premier Foods say they will 'make sure you get pickled this Christmas' after supplies of the product disappeared off shop shelves following the blaze.
In weeks, supermarkets ran out of the famous pickle as news spread of the fire and worried shoppers bought up jars – some selling on the internet for more than £100.
The company is now running an advert in newspapers to say thank you to its staff, fire crews, the Salvation Army canteen and contractors who helped get the factory back into production.
Factory manager Stephen Ward said: "All our staff at Bury have been great and without them we would not be back up and running as soon as we are. There has been a tremendous team sprit with everyone mucking in."
26 November 2004

No worries
:smokin:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Monkster said:

Staff celebrated the re-opening....

yeah I BEt they did:

"Morning Maurice, back to the grind of screwing lids on 200 bottles of pickle per hour then eh? how was you time off spent?"

"ee bah gum lad, I went doon to chip shop for gravy then went to car boooot sale on the busss. Sat at home most days watching Corry & Emerdale, I'm glad to be back lad!"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
BrightonDom said:
Just found out there will be a shortage of Branston pickle due to a fire in the factory...how bad must that have smelt after!! :ohmy:

about two months late on that news mate...... been a world shrotage since September but supposedly back on line now... just as well as my lunch would be a disaster!!

(a) the shops up here have full shelves of Branston

(b) if you are experiencing a shortage down there, isn't it time to find out that this mass-produced slop is amongst the worst pickles available? Go out and buy a GOOD Branston pickle, not this shit.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Plenty in all the shops around me at the moment - the fire was ages ago....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here