Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I see Bradley Johnson has rejected a new contract at Leeds.
I just read the following on WACCOE....

No doubt Johnson would probably join Brighton next summer if they get promoted. Championship football, new stadium, former club, Gus Poyet, less pressure, play nice style of football, he would probably play centre mid, down sarf too!

Thoughts?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A class act, sign him up Gus!!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
In my opinion he was good when he was with us and scored a couple of wonder goals. He had a cracking engine and has proved he can last the distance in the championship (where we want to be) which i would doubt of Kish and Navarro.

But is he Gus' sort of player? I think he would add an extra dimension to our midfield.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I remember this night well....

Attachments

• 0,,10433~4327489,00.jpg
    0,,10433~4327489,00.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,017

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good player. Who would have thought El Abd would fit into Gus's style of play.

Lets get promoted first though.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
never go back as Adams illustrated

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think he did an excellent job for us but i don't really see him fitting in now with the way Gus plays.

How on earth do you, me , we know that ?.... He played in a very average team, playing very average football with an average manager.

IF...and its a BIG if..he joined us, dont you think that Gus would get him playing in the style that the WHOLE club is now playing.? Gus would MAKE him fit in , and im pretty sure that if Gus knows all about him already ..
Pretty sure that you would have said that Adam El Abd , wouldnt be part of Gus's plans ,at the beginning of the season ?... Gus has got him 'fitting in' !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He started off brilliantly for us for the first couple of games, and really looked the part. Couple of cracking goals, lots of energy, proper box to box stuff....

...BUT

very quickly, he turned to shit and started going through the motions. Games would pass him by, he'd look disinterested, would barely put a foot in, he basically turned into Dean Hammond. It was patently clear he couldn't give a toss about being down here on loan, and by the end I was relieved to see the back of him.

I'm sure Gus would get a hell of a lot more out of him were he to make a permanent move here, but I can't see it happening as he'll probably have a relatively hefty price tag, and we don't really need him anyway. I wouldn't particularly want him back, he stank most of the time, like the rest of that team.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
no thanks. other than his two belters he didn't really convince. although in all fairness, he was being managed by the most inept managerial team in the club's history.

we've moved on from the days of getting excited by the possible return of somebody that looked sort-of-okay-ish during a previous loan stint.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10;3787995 said:
His transfer fee would be quite low, if anything at all as he will be out of contract. He cost Leeds £250k so being out of contract will be a lot less than that. If Lua Lua is not available he would fill the left midfield slot a lot better than moving Dicker or Sparrow. Did Wise and Gus take him to Leeds from Northampton?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Der, der, der, der, Bradley Johnson!!

:yahoo:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Technically, he would be perfect. Tall, athletic, good technically, quick, can score goals and is naturally left footed. I would seriously hope Poyet considered him, especially on a free. In theory, he would be an awesome signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here