Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza's "back home from the pub" thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My evening...

Pub: Railway Inn, Yatton (N.Somerset) - laid on comfy leather and a big f***-off screen - 9.5/10

Keep it in the family - random Albion fan turned up and spoke quietly - 6/10

Beer - Classic cocktail of Kronie and Blackie in full effect - 8/10

Dog who would jump up and nearly take Nail-z-gull's head off when he held a beer mat in his mouth - Yes, we had one of those - 10/10

Beat that, Albion folk.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I jnujst got SPACKERED on Kronie. It was great. And we won. the

end

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I sat in my room at uni on my own streaming the game on the internet.

What do I win?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I sat at home with my flatmate watching it, ocasionnally interrupted by women of varying degrees of fitness coming to look round our spare room. It was fun 6/10.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My evening...

Pub: Railway Inn, Yatton (N.Somerset) - laid on comfy leather and a big f***-off screen - 9.5/10

Keep it in the family - random Albion fan turned up and spoke quietly - 6/10

Beer - Classic cocktail of Kronie and Blackie in full effect - 8/10

Dog who would jump up and nearly take Nail-z-gull's head off when he held a beer mat in his mouth - Yes, we had one of those - 10/10

Beat that, Albion folk.

Mahoosive big telly...check

HD ESPN......check

Big comfy sofas.....check

pizza and beers and Earl Grey tea....check

Tony Meola Loan Spell's cheeky grin....check

Benny Hill soundtrack blaring out as we watched the penalty shoot out...checkmate

[yt]UTwCJ6O6iqU[/yt]

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Pontypridd, Landlord was cleaning the pipes apparently which meant I got free beer all night, down side was that a band were practicing next to me so could hear a thing.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I watched it in the Stabber at Fiveways and didn't get hit on the head with a barstool. 10/10.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was my first night home after my second major operation this year. Sat on my own sofa, in front of my own TV as opposed to listening on the radio in hospital. 11/10 :albion1:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Went to Gatwick for a beer with Mr Blobby. EVERYTHING was closed apart from Cafe Nero and WHSmith. Pre match routine resorted to coke and cheesecake 5/10.

Journey up was foggy and rumours of pitch inspection 5/10

FREEEEEEZING cold on the terrace, rubbish atmosphere, only lifted by the FLARES and Withdean Wanders tales of marmite 6/10

Meeting John Barnes 10/10

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Work event, couldn't go to the game - 4/10
V+ ESPN HD 3/10
Pizza - 6/10
V+ ESPN Only recorded up to half time in extra time 2/10
Wasted an evening of night finding out the result only to look it up online in a matter of seconds after throwing an eppy at the tv - 2/10
Result 2/10
Overall 3/10

Harrumph.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Comfy sofa (at home) 9/10
Women chattering (daughter and wife) too much 2/10
Son particiapting in proper football chat 9/10
Daughter being sent to bed at start of extra time but listening to radio which as it was 15 seconds ahead of ESPN meant her running downstairs to tell me we had scored just before we had scored! 5/10
Cheese savouries thrown across the room when they went ahead 2/10 from wife, 10/10 from our two dogs.

Overall 7/10

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
tried the nell gwynne just off the strand. rammed and not good for tele watching. 0/10 (looks nice tho so will prob pop back for another visit)
tried bok bar on bedford street, but it's closed down. 0/10.
tried maple leaft by covent garden. "what's the f.a. cup?". 0/10 (though someone did say they'd be showing it)
after the biggest sigh, went to sports cafe on haymarket. truly one of the worst places in the world. watched the first half there (it was now kick-off) after which we could take it no more. -1/10
back to the maple leaf, which was actually lovely. 8/10.

so, a mixed evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ate two corned beef sandwiches during the game. I also had a glass of diet coke.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Without a decent bitter, i resorted to a few apple juices at the King & Queen. fairly good crowd but i was slightly worried that i was not watching my usual screen and superstition got the better of me when it came to the peno's.

The night ended quite well with the good guys winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here