Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boycott Canadian products - grisly reading beware

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Spicy said:
I accept the need to cull the seal population in Canada but I think there must be more humane ways of doing it.

Totally agree.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Spicy said:
I accept the need to cull the seal population in Canada but I think there must be more humane ways of doing it.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that they club the seals as shooting them would damage the pelt. Eh ?

Maybe clubbing only dents the pelt.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Smashed over the head 3 times with a pickaxe, thorat cut and stomach slit open and skins peeled off whilst the animal in still alive.

No problem.

If the eskimo think this is acceptable they need to be educated !.

I suppose it comes down to whether you think animals have rights.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
DKM - its not about killing animals but the way in which it is done.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sorry about that. Surely though, after three whacks with the pickaxe the seal is dead. Usually.

It is a difficult one this. Are there any really humane ways of killing animals or fish ? I eat both by the way.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gareth Glover said:
Smashed over the head 3 times with a pickaxe, thorat cut and stomach slit open and skins peeled off whilst the animal in still alive.

No problem.

If the eskimo think this is acceptable they need to be educated !.

I suppose it comes down to whether you think animals have rights.

Well, I guess when we ban Halal and Kosher killing here then we can point the finger at others. Naturally we can't as such action would be deemed racist and anti-semetic.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It would be much more humane to club to death anyone who thinks the Daily Mail is either correct or truthful on anything.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does anyone eat eggs, or Chicken Madras, or KFC, or Chicken Breast poached in white wine with raspberry balsamic dressing?

Have you ever seen a battery Chicken Farm?

This goes on all day, every day of the year, in Britain.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhafc99 said:
It would be much more humane to club to death anyone who thinks the Daily Mail is either correct or truthful on anything.

I'd been looking for a way to say that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Superphil said:
Does anyone eat eggs, or Chicken Madras, or KFC, or Chicken Breast poached in white wine with raspberry balsamic dressing?

Have you ever seen a battery Chicken Farm?

This goes on all day, every day of the year, in Britain.
[/QUOTE

Yep.

Ever seen any battery hens in a free range environment? it's worse.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that they club the seals as shooting them would damage the pelt. Eh ?

Maybe clubbing only dents the pelt.

Nothing to do with damaging the pelts...more to do with the fact that the use of guns adds to the distress of the remaining seals-so I read somewhere.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gareth Glover said:

what absolute tosh Gareth . . . . . .stop reading the f***ing Daily Mail !!!

the likelyhood of being alive after one clubbing is minimal let alone three, and throat cut etc.

any meat eaters should cork it on this subject, go spend a day at the butchers or an abbatoir :lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Gareth Glover said:
Juan - sorry to have wasted 30 seconds of you time reading that trivial post, go back to Eastenders mate.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Spot on Gareth and cheers for raising the awareness to some of our less than caring community !!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bwian said:
Nothing to do with damaging the pelts...more to do with the fact that the use of guns adds to the distress of the remaining seals-so I read somewhere.

I thought it was because they live in on the ice and if they fire their guns off at the ground - it might crack the ice and then they'll all float off into the middle of nowhere on a big iceberg like...

promise I'm not blonde...:lol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Juan Albion said:

And this comes from someone who got on their high horse about a game that shot gays!!!

This is actually real and you couldn't give a toss!

Seals being skinned alive is somewhat different to a cow being stunned with a bolt and then killed.

A boycott is against a government that allows this to happen. Not against the millions of Canadians that are innocent in this.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here