Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day and Final Day fixtures

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I think for Boxing Day they generally do this, in recent times we've had Reading, Charlton & D & R* away, and entertained Reading & Millwall* at home.

* both postponed for different reasons, weather & travel.

But last game of the season is a lottery. For the same years as above we've been away 4 times out of 5 at Barnsley, M'Boro, Forest & Notts County and had Wolves at home. I guess if you're at home you don't care who you play, and in fairness to Wolves they did fill the away end, but we must be in the top 3 or 4 furthest away for them, they could of played Birmingham.

The 12:15 k.o is a recent thing and should trigger a rethink. Sky started showing championship games at 12:15 in an attempt to counter viewers watching BT Sport at 12:45.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What was the problem with boxing day last year?

As far as the last day is concerned the antiquated "law" protecting 3pm-5pm on a Saturday should be changed, at least for the last day of the season, 3pm start for all matches

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I fully accept that but the fixtures are all compiled to void local teams at home on the same day so the fixtures of other clubs do affect the outcome. We shall all know on 17th JUne.

Our 'partner' club for this (in terms of policing and that sort of thing) is Crawley.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
What was the problem with boxing day last year?

As far as the last day is concerned the antiquated "law" protecting 3pm-5pm on a Saturday should be changed, at least for the last day of the season, 3pm start for all matches

I believe the prem all kicked off at 15,00 on Sunday for sky so championship at 15,00 on a Saturday shouldn't be an issue truthfully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here