Bowditch could be back

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Loan duo plan for Magilton
20080310 15:05
Ipswich duo Dean Bowditch and Gary Roberts could be sent back to Brighton and Crewe respectively once their injuries have cleared up.
The pair have been out on loan but are now back at Portman Road receiving treatment, Bowditch on a groin problem and Roberts for Achilles trouble

Boss Jim Magilton confirmed: "Dean has a groin injury and is being assessed by our medical people. We will have a look at him and see how things go. If it settles down then he'll go back there.
"Gary has an Achilles problem and has had a scan. There is some swelling there and again it will be a case of seeing how things go before we see about him going back to Crewe."

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Loan duo plan for Magilton
20080310 15:05
Ipswich duo Dean Bowditch and Gary Roberts could be sent back to Brighton and Crewe respectively once their injuries have cleared up.
The pair have been out on loan but are now back at Portman Road receiving treatment, Bowditch on a groin problem and Roberts for Achilles trouble

Boss Jim Magilton confirmed: "Dean has a groin injury and is being assessed by our medical people. We will have a look at him and see how things go. If it settles down then he'll go back there.
"Gary has an Achilles problem and has had a scan. There is some swelling there and again it will be a case of seeing how things go before we see about him going back to Crewe."

He's a bit of a sick-note isn't he?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really want to like Bowditch. I really really do, but I have to say I am unimpressed with him and dont feel he is anything better than we currently have.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Bowditch looked very good when I saw him last year, particularly coming on against Tranmere. But this year he seems to not be impressing so much, and the injuries are still recurring!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just like Darren Anderton but without the ability?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is clearly more to come from Bowditch if he is 100% fit. Richards was not that great to start off with, but settled in and is one of our most important players. I really hope we can sign him permanently! As for Bowditch, he seems to be one of those players that is destined never to fulfil their full potential with so many niggling injuries.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's no winger. And even if he is, he's crap.

But he likes Wilkins, and has spoken positively about him in the press, even when at Ipswich, meaning he's guaranteed to start here if fit. :shootself

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
There is clearly more to come from Bowditch if he is 100% fit.

thats the problem though isnt it - he is never going to be 100% fit by the looks of things. was it as groin problem he had with us last season as well?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
If Wendy has any sense, he would get shot of him as soon as his month is up.

We have a few players who can play on the wing now, even if they are not great.

Westlake, Cox, Martot, Robinson & Dixon can all play on the wing.

I'd pick Cox over Bowditch any day. Cox has talent, even though he sometimes fails to show it. I'm not sure if Bowditch will ever show his talent, he seems doomed to fail in this sport i'm afraid.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'd pick Cox over Bowditch any day. Cox has talent, even though he sometimes fails to show it. I'm not sure if Bowditch will ever show his talent, he seems doomed to fail in this sport i'm afraid.

he showed it last season - thought he was very impressive in the games he played

not to mention the fact that he is naturally a striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Wendy has any sense, he would get shot of him as soon as his month is up.

We have a few players who can play on the wing now, even if they are not great.

Westlake, Cox, Martot, Robinson & Dixon can all play on the wing.

No too sure about that Cox yes the rest possibly.

I cannot be the only person who thinks that MARTOT does not bring anything to the team. He is not fast, not exceptionally skilful nor good tackler so other than the fact that he is still 5 times the player Loft is why is he in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here