Japan
1. The Verve -- Forth=Spine-tingling.
2. The Troubadors -- Same=Classic English feel good tunes
3. Travis -- Ode to J. Smith=Same old but not bad
4. The Streets -- Everything is Borrowed= A real let down, hope it grows on me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heard about them, THPH, but not heard them. Who are they like?

Um, big on anthems, sort of cross between The Clash in Mick Jones ballad mode, JAMC and Simple Minds I'd say. Which doesn't really describe them at all. Or maybe it does. The Thinking Man's Proclaimers perhaps? Bah! Give up! Go to youtube and play the video for 'Geraldine' I'd say, that'd give you a decent idea.

Edit: In fact here IS aforesaid video, at no extra charge :thumbsup:

[yt]dquK43zFfKc[/yt]

Er, and as youtube don't seem to let me embed it properly, here's the link

YouTube - Geraldine

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard and Clark, one of the early country rock albums from the late 60's. featuring Gene Clark, Doug Dillard, Bernie Leadon, Chris Hillman and Sneaky Pete Kleinow. Doubt many on here are gonna rush out and buy it though :lol:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best of Cat Stevens. Quality.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Um, big on anthems, sort of cross between The Clash in Mick Jones ballad mode, JAMC and Simple Minds I'd say. Which doesn't really describe them at all. Or maybe it does. The Thinking Man's Proclaimers perhaps? Bah! Give up! Go to youtube and play the video for 'Geraldine' I'd say, that'd give you a decent idea.

Edit: In fact here IS aforesaid video, at no extra charge :thumbsup:

[yt]dquK43zFfKc[/yt]

Er, and as youtube don't seem to let me embed it properly, here's the link

YouTube - Geraldine

Cheers THPP, not a bad description. JAMC/Bunnymen guitar riffs and Mick Joneslike vocals. Will be purchasing it on the way home......:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hotel California - The Eagles

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its only 35 years.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Do people still buy CDs? I thought they were the new vinyl since downloads became so popular.

I buy both but mainly actual cds. I get excited and have a hot flush when I can see them all neatly stacked on the cd shelf IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER (surnames first) and CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER for albums by the same artist.
I occasionally line cds up by solo artists next to the bands they left for a bit of variety :jester:

I find it particularly annoying though when I buy a cd and can't copy it to my itunes and end up having to buy both formats:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here