Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom of division 3

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
aahh, its such a long way away now. But it is getting very interesting. Carlisle won away, Macc won away at York, dale and darlo (to a Steve Melton goal) both lost. So it now reads..

Darlington 43
Rochdale 42
Macclesfield 42
York 42
Carlisle 37

Darlington could be in big trouble with their off-the-pitch problems. Really hope dale and york stay up.

Question is, with 2-up 2-down, big crowds and competitive football in the conference, is going down such a disaster as it was when we were teetering on the brink?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I'd really like to see Carlisle survive. If they do, it would be an even greater achievement than when we were 12 points adrift at the bottom. They were almost 20 at one stage.

They have improved tremendously.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Bristol Rovers were 21st 2 weeks ago, now they're in 15th! Someone could well go down to the Conference with over 50 points.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
GUNTER said:
I'd really like to see Carlisle survive. If they do, it would be an even greater achievement than when we were 12 points adrift at the bottom. They were almost 20 at one stage.

Carlisle have left themselves too much to do:

H Kidderminster
A Leyton Orient
H Lincoln City
A Mansfield Town
H Cheltenham Town
A Doncaster

They're already five adrift (and worse GD) from safety, and they'll get no more than 2 points from Lincoln, Mansfield and Donny.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Juan Albion said:
Leyton Orient may be in 12th place, but they are only 7 points clear of relegation...Let's hope the teams below can put together a bit of a spurt.

I don't understand. Just a few weeks ago Twatty was on here tellng us that "yet another seaside club" had been "bitch slapped" and that "the Os are going up".

So how can the mighty Os be seven points off relegation? Surely you mean seven points clear at the top, with games in hand and a superior goal difference to everyone else?

Because perish the thought that Twatty might have been wrong, and that the Os might have gone 9 games without a win since his bragging prediction, and sunk to within real danger of the basement...?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Darlington 43
Rochdale 42
Macclesfield 42
York 42
Carlisle 37

Be sad to see Rochdale go down as they have NEVER been promoted and came so close the past two seasons to going up. Also sad if York go down after fighting so hard to stay in existence. And I have a soft spot for Carlisle .... but it looks like they're doomed.
Got a gut feeling that Darlo could join them and have the best stadium in the Conference!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
GUNTER said:

Come on Carlisle! I rally think they can do it!:)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
On last 8 match form Carlisle could pull it off with York and Rochdale on target to go out of the league.
Also looks like Huddersfield could pull out a surprise!!!

Form
1 Huddersfield Town
2 Northampton Town
3 Southend United
4 Lincoln City
5 Boston United
6 Doncaster RoversWddDwDdW
7 Torquay United
8 Hull City
9 Carlisle United
10 Darlington
11 Kidderminster Harriers
12 Bury
13 Bristol Rovers
14 Macclesfield Town
15 Mansfield Town
16 Yeovil Town
17 Cheltenham Town
18 Scunthorpe United
19 Swansea City
20 Oxford United
21 Rochdale
22 Cambridge United
23 Leyton Orient
24 York City

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
:clap: COME ON CARLISLE :clap:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would prefer to see the ex non league team, ie Macclesfield go out of the league. Even with 2 up and 2 down, it's still got to be the most demoralising relegation there can be. Conversely I'm cheering on Chester and Hereford in the conference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here