Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring, boring Worthing

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
From today's Argus

--------------------------------------------

Saucy outfits too hot for carnival

CHEEKY showgirls who revealed too much cleavage for a bank holiday carnival were given a dressing down by police.

The officer in charge of policing Worthing Rotary Carnival on Monday ordered them to change into something less revealing.

The girls, representing Secrets lingerie shop in Worthing, turned up in skin-tight hotpants and skimpy Victorian-style basques.

But unlike revellers at Brighton and Hove's Pride Festival earlier this month, where many of the outfits left nothing to the imagination, the girls were told to cover up or not take part.

Carnival organiser John Cherry said: "Basically the police sergeant took one look and his mouth dropped open."

Victoria Zoutewelle, proprietor of Secrets, based in Warwick Lane, off Warwick Street, said: "I think he was gobsmacked when we got out of the car.

"Being an underwear shop some of the girls wore Victorian corsets and frilly hot pants which were quite cheeky but the policeman said it was not suitable.

"He really wasn't happy about it at all, saying there were a lot of children watching.

"I personally didn't think it was risquÈ at all, although it probably is to Worthing, being quite a conservative town."

Eight girls rushed back to the shop and changed into less revealing bunny girl, nurse and, ironically, police uniforms, complete with fishnet stockings and high-heeled boots.

Victoria said they then went on to win the £150 first prize for the business section and vowed to enter two floats next year.

She said: "Everybody enjoyed it."

Mr Cherry, chairman of the carnival's organising committee, said: "I was there on the spot when it happened. About eight or ten good looking young ladies turned up to demonstrate their lingerie.

"At least four of them were distinctly scantily-dressed. The police sergeant said you cannot wear that in public. I did agree with him. It was just a touch over the top. They were seriously underdressed.

"It was a very good advert for their products but not really appropriate for a public event.

"I think the police were right although some might say it was a bit of a shame. They went rushing back to the shop and came back more fully clad."

Sergeant Andy Westwood, who gave the girls the dressing down, said: "A good eight or nine young ladies were not appropriately dressed for a family and charity event.

"I told them they couldn't take part in the carnival unless they changed their attire. They put more clothes on and became a bit more acceptable.

"If I hadn't stopped them I suspect they would have got complaints. This was a family event with youngsters watching."

----------------------------------------

I guess that the Police were trying to stop a possible speight of pacemaker overloads.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Good for Worthing Police. Not many family-friendly events left these days.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I saw the amount of text and couldn't be arsed to read it Frank:lolol:

:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
I saw the amount of text and couldn't be arsed to read it Frank:lolol:

:wave:

Like you've got anythin better to do ! :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Voroshilov said:
Pictures?:p

Quite impossible, with the epidemic of Parkinsons Disease nobody here can hold a camera steady enough.

bhaexpress said:
Mr Cherry, chairman of the carnival's organising committee, said ... "At least four of them were distinctly scantily-dressed. The police sergeant said you cannot wear that in public. I did agree with him. It was just a touch over the top".
Just a touch?

Elaborate please, Mr Cherry.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
No worse than what i used to witness night after night in the town centre at the weekends. Many a time a nice set were flashed my way. :)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
worthing is the dullest shittest place and im so glad i moved out of there! i mean why tell em to cover up :nono: :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
brighton_b0y said:
worthing is the dullest shittest place and im so glad i moved out of there! i mean why tell em to cover up :nono: :jester:

I'd have agreed with you to a point but there again you've never seen Chattanooga.

Yoda

English & European
Just got back in the office from my lunch break and the police better get out there tell people to cover up again. Far too much flesh on show. :jester:

Yoda

English & European
Voroshilov said:
Pictures?:p

zoutewelleaug31.jpg

Victoria Zoutewell, owner of Secrets, was told her hot pants and basque were too risquÈ

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Voroshilov said:
Christ it's hardly Rio Carnival is it. Is Worthing still living in the 50's?

Living in the 50s ? That's less than the average age !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
bhaexpress said:
I'd have agreed with you to a point but there again you've never seen Chattanooga.

I have, although I don't remember much as I got ratted (cos they kept buying me beer) @ the Jazz/Blues festival thing.

So weighing up, 2 sh*te towns, but 1 has free beer memories, I'm afraid Worthing wins, dull sh*tsville.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here