Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bootleg Beatles....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
....at the Dome tomorrow.

Will be a rare night out with Mrs tomorrow. Anyone else going?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
went last year

its actualy uncanny how they sound like the beatles.....last years was two canadians and two americans, I think they change the group every couple of years

you will have a great time

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but that whole Bootleg Bollox thing leaves me cold. Don't the Aussie Pink Floyd-oids charge about thirty quid a ticket nowadays? Total scam. It's reality TV without the telly. Go to one of those things and you might as well have 'Me = Wanker' stamped on yer forehead. Shameful behaviour. Where's yer DIGNITY? Self-respect anyone? :nono:

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is not very nice at all Ross.

If the only way to see someone doing beatles songs is a tribute band then so be it...two of the beatles are dead ffs!!!

anyway if you dont want to go, dont...but to call people wankers who do is pathetic and I thought better of you

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
that is not very nice at all Ross.

If the only way to see someone doing beatles songs is a tribute band then so be it...two of the beatles are dead ffs!!!

anyway if you dont want to go, dont...but to call people wankers who do is pathetic and I thought better of you

Apologies, Dave, twas maybe a bit strong. I know in me head of heads it's just a bit of harmless fun. But there's a whole new growth industry for no-mark musos out there. Thirty quid for the Aussie Pink Floyd, not much less for the Bollox Beatles, and all the rest of the Reality Rock merchants. I truly despise these talentless people and find it totally insulting to all parties concerned. My fault I'm sure :shrug:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There's nothing wrong in accomplished musicians playing some very good songs. These are not a pub band either as to start filling proper venues means you've had to build up a certain reputation. Plus they also have a full lights & orchestrial backing.

I will also be sitting in the warm, protected against the elements and seeing a show that I expect to be of a certain standard....and, if it fell well short I could probably demand my money back. All that for less than the price of a south stand ticket.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah i'll be there tonight - always a good show.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have seen them before and they are very good, extremely talented, in fact my wife said to me only saturday when we saw there tour advertised, it would be good to see them again.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
While we're on the subject of ersatz bands, I too feel that only the original can be authentic diamond: everything else - even if actually more accomplished technically - is automatically paste.

Having said that, I went to a charity show a while back which just happened to feature the Brighton Beach Boys. (One of whom is actually a Beach Girl). But in all fairness, I'll admit I couldn't believe how good they were - totally brilliant!

However many times you listen to your old records, a faultless live performance - even by a tribute band - takes the experience to a different level altogether.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i do liek the beatles, would have loved to see them loive, but thats impossible now, a good tribute band should be good to see

Apologies, Dave, twas maybe a bit strong. I know in me head of heads it's just a bit of harmless fun. But there's a whole new growth industry for no-mark musos out there. Thirty quid for the Aussie Pink Floyd, not much less for the Bollox Beatles, and all the rest of the Reality Rock merchants. I truly despise these talentless people and find it totally insulting to all parties concerned. My fault I'm sure :shrug:

Isn't a tribute band doing something like what an orchestra does?

Would you lambast an orchestra for playing some nice Beethoven, Schubert, or Chai cough ski?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Pretty good show, didn't 'rock' as much as the Brighton Centre gig a couple of years back.

It say's something that they had so many songs that you can still be dissapointed at the ones they didn't play. Played about 2.30hr set in all.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I once interviewed one of the guitarists in the band. I think it was the one who performs as George Harrison. Anyway he was a bloody nice bloke, and offered me free tickets to a gig. Plus he played the guitar solo on Robbie Williams' - Angels :bowdown:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I might go as the Bootleg Mark Chapman....

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here