Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booking fee rip offs!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I know it has been mentioned before, but I am getting sick of booking tickets and paying a 100% rip off booking fee on top.

Was going to book 4 Bryan Adams tickets at Wembley Arena, tickets are £35 but they add a £4.55 per ticked booking fee, and this includes at not extra cost putting them in the post to me! So one envople, one stamp and one bit of admin for 4 tickets will pocket ticketmaster £18.20!!!! So I have opted not to bother. I will be at Wembley Arena for Bruce Springsteen on Saturday night so will see if i can get them at the Box Office any cheaper.

I also just booked 2 tickets for the Inspiral Carpets at the Concorde 2 and the admin and post fee came to £5.65 on top of the £32 for the tickets!

I am in the wrong business, its a license to print money.

A pi&&ed off Mr Blobby

Ps Bring back the cheaper days of sending a cheque and a stamped address envelope.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Mr Blobby said:
I know it has been mentioned before, but I am getting sick of booking tickets and paying a 100% rip off booking fee on top.

Was going to book 4 Bryan Adams tickets at Wembley Arena, tickets are £35 but they add a £4.55 per ticked booking fee, and this includes at not extra cost putting them in the post to me! So one envople, one stamp and one bit of admin for 4 tickets will pocket ticketmaster £18.20!!!! So I have opted not to bother. I will be at Wembley Arena for Bruce Springsteen on Saturday night so will see if i can get them at the Box Office any cheaper.

I also just booked 2 tickets for the Inspiral Carpets at the Concorde 2 and the admin and post fee came to £5.65 on top of the £32 for the tickets!

I am in the wrong business, its a license to print money.

A pi&&ed off Mr Blobby

serves you f***ing right for wanting to go to a bryan adams concert.

Ps Bring back the cheaper days of sending a cheque and a stamped address envelope.
:)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What annoys me is when you order through Seeticketsad they delivery via SMS, who serious expect you to take a day off work to wait for them between 8 and 6 to sign for your tickets.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I bought 2 tickets for Ross Noble through Ticketmaster. They charged £2.75 per ticket for a booking fee and then £2.75 per transaction for delivery EVEN IF THEY WERE PICKED UP AT THE BOX OFFICE. A total of £8.25 for £32 worth of tickets :angry:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
SurreySeagulls said:
Ticketshafter now call the extra levy a "Convenience Charge", what a load of old crock. Convenient to whom, not bloody me thats for sure

Yeah when i last bought from them that wound me up far more than just calling it a booking/admin fee! :angry: :angry:

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
The booking fee is actually just part of the overall cost but it's dressed up to look like a separate charge as it can save VAT for the company on the booking fee element. If it wasn't a separate fee, the company would pay more VAT which they would pass on to you and you would end up paying more for the tickets!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
e77 said:
What annoys me is when you order through Seeticketsad they delivery via SMS, who serious expect you to take a day off work to wait for them between 8 and 6 to sign for your tickets.

SMS are f***ing SHITHOUSE - FACT!!!

I avoid using NME tickets and Gigs and Tours, as the both use See Tickets and thus no SMS.

Ticket Web are the best of a bad bunch, as you can do 'Venue Pickup' and they don't charge you (unlike TicketShafter:angry: :censored: :angry: )

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Even the postage costs are high as well. I bought 2 Killers tickets for the March date at the Brighton Centre - £2.75 eack booking fee which I can just about live with, but then £3 recorded delivery charge. I posted something recorded delivery last week and it was only 79p.

Best bet is to buy more tickets than you need (especially for the big gigs and then flog them on ebay) - I know this pisses a lot of people off but you'd cover your costs and make a profit.

One girl in my office just bought 2 'spare tickets' off a colleague for the Scissor Sisters this Saturday for £180 for the pair ! I saw the tickets and they were only £22 each or thereabouts.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Some of the smaller London shows (Camden Barfly for example) don't have any tickets. You just turn up with your reference number, show the card you paid with and walk in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same thing often happens if you book flights or holidays online the travel company charges a ticket pick up fee usually £5 for them to print a ticket from a computer at Gatwick or wherever.

I recently looked at a 7 day holiday/short break in Spain that was advertised at £89 each being £178 for myself and my boss, but when I went to pay for it with charges etc it totaled £398. Total rip off.

I have since booked 3 flights on BA to Faro, a hotel, car for a week in the Algarve and car park at Gatwick total price £422 as opposed to £398 for 2 people.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here