Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing The German National Anthem. Woudya?

Feb 10, 2007
I bet some of our fans will disgraced this nation tonight by BOOING the German national anthem.

Would you boo their N.A if you wre there? I actually like the Germans and go to Germany quite regulary on missionary work - teaching them style and class.

Last edited:

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Of course there will be, there will always be a minority who will do this type of thing.
One way to stop it really is if the majority learn the words to the German National Athem and drown out the boo-ers.

Feb 10, 2007
Of course there will be, there will always be a minority who will do this type of thing.
One way to stop it really is if the majority learn the words to the German National Athem and drown out the boo-ers.

I actually like their anthem.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes it will get boo-ed,

But, I agree with the posts above, I would never boo another anthem myself.

I always like to think of it as the Michael Schumacher song instead of the German National anthem.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

There you go....

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach laßt uns alle streben
brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
blühe, deutsches Vaterland.

It's a nice idea but not one that will catch on

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Never ever - in fact I've gone as far as to smack someone over the back of the head for doing it previously....there is absolutley no level or reasoning on which booing another countrys national anthem before playing a game with them works....it simply shows that you are lacking in braincells...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Jeez , Yes boo and whistle it. They would do it to us . Disrespect them as much as possible

En-ger-land

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
when we played Ecuador in 2nd round of the world cup, the germans booed our national anthem, they then kept singing Lucas Podolski and other german chants during our game.

We went 1-0 up, and they sung louder, then the England fans sung "5-1 and even Heskey scored" and they all shut up :) :clap::clap:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I don't boo opposing teams national anthems, ever; although I'm tempted to boo the shitfest we claim as a "rugby anthem" in Belfast on Friday... although I actually won't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't boo opposing teams national anthems, ever; although I'm tempted to boo the shitfest we claim as a "rugby anthem" in Belfast on Friday... although I actually won't.

Yeah, that's bollocks that is. However, Amhrán na bhFiann is not much better.

But then, how many national anthems are any good? La Marseillaise certainly is, Mae hen wlad fy nhadau is rousing and I rather like Italy's jaunty tune but most of them are utter dirges.

Booing an anthem shows lack of respect and lack of class and remember that our morons aren't the only ones to boo another nation's anthem.

Easiest way around this is to stop playing them......

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe we should set fire to their flag as well, just to make the point, like.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hearing England fans booing anyone's National Anthem makes me cringe, that'll be most England games then. Say what you like about rugby, I've yet to hear another team's anthem booed by England fans. Why's that then??

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
blimey.....national anthems will always be booed....personally i think it adds to the atmosphere of a game and fires the players up if they know they are entering a 'cauldron of hate'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here