Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Players

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
You may of read about our young midfielder Ben Watson taking stick from a section of our crowd on Saturday. He was booed for taking a penalty in the last minute of the game just because he seemed to unimpress on Saturday and fans thought someone else should take it..

The guy is 21 and has played rather well in some games but on the odd occassion has an off day.

I can`t believe fans can boo a player before taking a penalty and also find it hard to understand booing a player whilst wearing your clubs colours.

Would you boo an Albion player?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never have, and probably never will. Not during a game anyway. It's just plain wrong IMHO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutley not, though it has been known from some retards.

I've booed a few of yours though.

Did he score the penalty?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
pasty said:
Never have, and probably never will. Not during a game anyway. It's just plain wrong IMHO.
Exactly. I am baffled by it to be honest and really begining to wonder about some sections of the Palace crowd.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
hans kraay fan club said:
Absolutley not, though it has been known from some retards.

I've booed a few of yours though.

Did he score the penalty?
Yes he did. But the poor lad must be pissed off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Croydonbloke said:
Yes he did. But the poor lad must be pissed off.

Good for him.

Being ginger though, he's probably used to a bit of abuse.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
... really begining to wonder about some sections of the Palace crowd.
At last! The penny is finally dropping! I first went to Selhurst Park in 1965 with my Palace-supporting Dad and Grandad. They, and everybody around us, spent the entire match moaning at the Palace team! Even at 8 I thought it wasn't quite right. Sounds like nothing much has changed in the intervening 42 years!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
You get moaners at all clubs - most of yours spend their life on here.

Can't figure why the Ginge got it on Saturday - he's a bit of an enigma as a player, but no-one should get booed.

(apart from Perry Milkins - boo).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Brighton fans booing players, never!! Personally never have and very much doubt i would

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
one of the sad aspects of our fans:nono: infact it has got worse over the past few seasons.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Thought that was out of order and surprising when mentioned on The Championship. Watson looks a good player. Brighton fans whinged a bit about Dean Hammond last season but he's had an excellent season in Div 1. Nobody booed him. Some idiots booed Henderson after his mistake at Bournemouth.

The Palace player I booed the most was Rachid Harkouk but this didn't put him off. Isn't he in jail now?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I rate Watson, always thought he looked better than Tom Soares.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot on here and at the ground booed the best goalkeeper we have had for some time and he has now upped and gone to Preston to leave us with an injury prone duffer and 2 young keepers so we had to borrow one from Palace. That is good business if ever I saw it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have never booed either an Albion player or the team as a whole, never will...opponents and their supporters are however considered fair game.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
BensGrandad said:
A lot on here and at the ground booed the best goalkeeper we have had for some time and he has now upped and gone to Preston to leave us with an injury prone duffer and 2 young keepers so we had to borrow one from Palace. That is good business if ever I saw it.

Best goalkeeper......Ha Ha Ha

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't really say the Albion are without fault on this one, but it's not the first time it's happened at Palace is it?

I was at the Palace-Reading game two or three years ago, and a fairly large section of the home fans were booing Julian Gray every time he got the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here