Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing other team chants - as tinpot as teams like Norwich?

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
Why do teams like yourself, Burnley, Norwich etc boo when Leeds/Liverpool sing their club song?

Heard it happen for Liverpool once or twice on TV and know it happens most away games with Leeds, and always thought it makes your fans look ridiculously tinpot and shit so just wondering why you actually do it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tinpot teams such as Norwich? Sorry respective leagues would be?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't. But I have heard Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & United, Liverpool and many many other fans do it to the song the fans of teams they are playing sing. Perhaps it's just you and me then :shrug:

BTW, who is your team?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Really? don't tend to hear it myself - more often then not we try and counteract with a song ourselves.

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
It's usually only marching on together (oooh, dirty nothern bastarding weeds scum!) when teams boo, but I'm fairly sure your fans did when we played recently.

And to the guy that questioned Norwich's tinpotness - they have f***ing goal music!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
honeybadger1.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
And to the guy that questioned Norwich's tinpotness - they have f***ing goal music!

Yeah but they play it in the Premier league when they score, but hey i'm sure not playing goal music when you scored against Bristol City makes you a massive club

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why do teams like yourself, Burnley, Norwich etc boo when Leeds/Liverpool sing their club song?

Heard it happen for Liverpool once or twice on TV and know it happens most away games with Leeds, and always thought it makes your fans look ridiculously tinpot and shit so just wondering why you actually do it.
I dunno, why do people make gay jibes about us? It's just one of those things that fans do. The alternative would be a Rugby Union solution where you have to listen respectfully whilst the opposition sing their little song or risk a £2,500 fine. I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't think any Leeds fan is in a position to lecture any other teams' fans about the high moral ground.

Surely they are the "Champions of Europe" after all. I know this for a fact. I was told this by a Leeds fan

BUT their song is TOTAL SHITE

Here we go with Leeds United,
We're gonna give the boys a hand,
Stand up and sing for Leeds United,
They are the greatest in the land

na na na

Everyday, we're all gonna say,
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
Everywhere, we're gonna be there,

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
na na na na na na
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together,
And we've had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)
We're gonna stay with you forever,
At least until the world stops going round

na na na

Everyday, we're all gonna say
We love you Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
na na na na na na
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud,
We love you LEEDS! LEEDS! LEEDS!

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely they are the "Champions of Europe" after all. I know this for a fact. I was told this by a Leeds fan

BUT their song is TOTAL SHITE

Here we go with Leeds United,
We're gonna give the boys a hand,
Stand up and sing for Leeds United,
They are the greatest in the land

na na na

Everyday, we're all gonna say,

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
na na na na na na
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together,
And we've had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)
We're gonna stay with you forever,
At least until the world stops going round

na na na

Everyday, we're all gonna say
We love you Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
na na na na na na
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud,
We love you LEEDS! LEEDS! LEEDS!
Are those the words? Jeez, no wonder people boo it! Looks like it was written by an eight year old.

Jan 30, 2008

nearly as bad as some of our lot clapping the away attendance when its announced :facepalm:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Are those the words? Jeez, no wonder people boo it! Looks like it was written by an eight year old.

At least they sing it loud, know the words and know the right tempo at which to sing it....

DanielT

I like the way that while you lump us in with Norwich and Burnley, you've paired yourself with Liverpool. That almost raised a chuckle!

I didn't hear anyone boo'ing your song, though. Did hear us singing "2-0 and you f'ed it up", right before we f'ed it up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here