Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Hargreaves............great fans my arse

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Six months ago we were booing Crouch, now the 'greatest fans in the world' have taken to giving Hargreaves their special treatment.

What utter twats, surely as fans we should aim to motivate the players, but instead we give one of them the bird.

I know he has not shone for England, but he is first choice for Bayern, has plenty of Champions League experience and does a tidying up job that is not exciting to watch.

People seem to think that watching Ingerland involves watching quality football, but cast your minds back over the period you have watched them play and for the most part they have been fairly average.

I can only remember Holland in '96, Germany in 2001 and perhaps Poland in WC 1986 as really good performances. The remainder have been workmanlike and lacking in flair.

It is just the same at the Albion, the wise sages who vent their spleen on Trolley/Harding/CKR/Knight/Charlie etc without giving them a chance to do anything.

I can't understand the mentaility of anyone who pays a fortune to get to Germany, then even more for a black market ticket and shows their patriotism by booing a player.

Utter cockjuggler anyone who does it IMO.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Didn't hear any booing in the stadium, but there were plenty of individual comments he couldn't have failed to hear. Utterly needless.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I totally agree with you. How can people boo their own player, when he hasn't really done anything wrong. Lets just hope he goes on to do what crouch did, and prove the doubters wrong. Cant see it though.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't say its Hargreaves fault and even though he has been utter shite for England he must have some talent to play for bayern. The reason Hargreaves gets stick is because sven brings him on to turn the game into a negative defensive game which most people dont like to see. If Hargreaves started in a 5 man midfield in front of the back four I think he would do a fine job but coming on in the latter stages of a game to kill the game off is never going to excite England fans but Hargreaves is unfairly being targeted because of this.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
But you can say the same about us. We are supposed to be the greatest fans in England yet the non stop moaning and booing of players last year was a disgrace.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
B.M.F said:
But you can say the same about us. We are supposed to be the greatest fans in England yet the non stop moaning and booing of players last year was a disgrace.

The only time the players were booed last year by a reasonably large amount of people was when they didnt get 100%, even then a lot of people clapped them.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
sir danny cullip said:
The only time the players were booed last year by a reasonably large amount of people was when they didnt get 100%, even then a lot of people clapped them.

Bollox

What about Hendo getting booed and loads of people singing Kuipers name instead. All of the moaning when players were brought on. The amount of shit people were giving CKR. The constant booing of Leon Knight.

Think you were obviously at different games to me mate.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.M.F said:
Bollox

What about Hendo getting booed and loads of people singing Kuipers name instead. All of the moaning when players were brought on. The amount of shit people were giving CKR. The constant booing of Leon Knight.

Selective hearing

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I was watching the game on the television and I heard a small number of fans booing him when he came on.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think it is not so much the fact that it is Hargreaves in particular coming on.

It's the fact the once again Sven finds it necessary to sit back on a 1 goal lead.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
jonny.rainbow said:
I think it is not so much the fact that it is Hargreaves in particular coming on.

It's the fact the once again Sven finds it necessary to sit back on a 1 goal lead.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate. England are a very good side but we are not good enough to sit on a one goal lead. We can get away with it against a lot of teams but do that against the likes of the Dutch, Brazilians, Argentinians and other top teams and we will lose.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
B.M.F said:
Bollox

Well compared to other clubs in the football league our fans hardly ever boo players. The team were shit last year which obviously caused a bit of tention and disagreement among fans. I dont ever remember hendo getting booed and surely fans are entitled to sing for Michel Kuipers (if you're talking about wolves) I think we went through quite a few chants of past albion players as well as present. Leon Knight deserved the stick he got no doubt about that. CKR just frustrated people, the large majority of the crowd stayed behind him and tried to encourage him.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
B.M.F said:
I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate. England are a very good side but we are not good enough to sit on a one goal lead. We can get away with it against a lot of teams but do that against the likes of the Dutch, Brazilians, Argentinians and other top teams and we will lose.

I suspect that Argentina, Brazil and Holland will defend a goal lead by aiming to score another goal

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
garry nelsons left foot said:
Who says that? And, do you actually believe it?

a few fans polls etc and many on here say it. Myself, No I do not think we are the best and don't think anyone can be classed as the best. You have good and bad no matter what team you support and as long as your happy with your own contribution to your team then that makes you a good fan.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I reckon any England player in that stadium yesterday, with the power of sight and hearing, would struggle to justify criticising or doubting the commitment and support of the fans.

And the Crouch booing was more for the decision to substitute SWP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here