Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bomb found in Moulsecoomb

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
From BBC SCR

A suspected bomb's been found at a house in Brighton - dozens of homes nearby are being evacuated.

Police found what appears to be an explosive device during a raid on a house at Chailey Road in Moulsecomb this morning.

The bomb disposal unit's been called out to deal with what police are saying is a suspicious item.

A man and a woman have been arrested.

Sussex police say the case is not being treated as terrorist related

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
can't they just move it a mile or so east and blow it up in a field, that'll save the club a bomb in chalk removal

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where exactly is this a quote from again??

Not on SCR's website, and is not written in what I'd describe as a BBC style (unless you're talking Newsbeat on Radio 1- news for the retarded generation)

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
unless you're talking Newsbeat on Radio 1- news for the retarded generation

I'm sure. But i'm sure as a member of the police force you appreciate the fact that it means some people aged 16-24 actually hear a new bulliten at all is quite important, no? I can assure you, plenty of my mates (aged around 21-25) get their news 3rd hand through others on a building site or from that reliable resouce 'The Sun', I would still consider Newsbeat to be more informative than that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was waiting for the standard.

It went off and did £2.57 worth of damage.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Where exactly is this a quote from again??

Not on SCR's website, and is not written in what I'd describe as a BBC style (unless you're talking Newsbeat on Radio 1- news for the retarded generation)

Its ticking across the bottom of the BBC News channel now along with some sob story about a bank going bust.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
:takes cover from the abuse when the pikies get let back home:

i'm from Moulsecoombe and although not insulted by your post in any way shape or form I was under the impression 'Pikies' are travellers that live in caravans so are they not just as likely to be sited in Eastbourne as they are in Moulsecoombe?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes, so it is.

Well I'm not at work today so I have as much idea what's going on as you all do. Could be a crackhouse or a cannabis factory, neatly booby trapped by the occupants in case of just such a raid.

I doubt the Scoomb (or the Scomb, as the BBC would evidently call it) is going sky high any time soon, or that it's a new terrorist haven.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If there is a bomb factory there I am sure the Argus will campaign tirelessly for the release of the suspects even if they are covered head to foot in semtex and have made videos saying death to the infidel.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you can be fairly confident it's not a bomb factory.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Argus is fairly confident people aren't terrorists.

Like I said, it's probably drug related.

And probably not a bomb either, but when you don't know what you're dealing with it's better to err on the side of caution and let EOD check it out, just in case you blow the whole estate up
:)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
If there is a bomb factory there I am sure the Argus will campaign tirelessly for the release of the suspects even if they are covered head to foot in semtex and have made videos saying death to the infidel.

Semtex is out of fashion its paroxide now so you need to look for someone who has large stocks of hair dye, sounds like a bomb factory in most houses in that area!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here