Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Palace were never offered £7million. Just under £4million was the offer.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Well that makes a bit more sense. Can sort of understand why they turned down £3m-£4m. £7m would have be ludicrous to say no to

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be fair I like Zaha and would have him our squad he is young and has flair, he ripped us to shreds at home and caused us and many teams problems all season. He is one for the future and under the right manager will get better. Here is the controversial view from an Albion fan I would swap him for KLL !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Zaha is only worth £2M max to a Premier League club unless he can develop his diving technique to the same standard as Ronaldo. Bolton must feel lucky they haven't been mugged.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Well only time will tell if those figures are realistic or not.

The huge fees paid for Oxlade-Chamberlain (and Walcott before that) for very young inexperienced but promising youngsters have raised the expectations such that anyone touted to have a 'Premiership future' seems to get a £5m, £10m or even £12m. price tag. There aren't that many that go on to justify it. By comparison Zaha has had far more chances of first team footie at Palace than they did at Saints but hasn't really shown consistent Premiership form to punt even a £2m tag.

Can't blame Palace for digging their heels in but ultimately someone will make an irresistible bid, especially if Palace don't make the play offs. He may have a long contract but will Zaha be happy plodding along in the Championship? The problem will be gnawing inside Zaha's head if he believes the hype and has an agent who is happy to feed him images of a rosier future away from Selhurst.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Palace used to say the same re: Jon Bostock. ( he was dubbed the future for the national team)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace used to say the same re: Jon Bostock. ( he was dubbed the future for the national team)
If he stayed he would have been !

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
If he stayed he would have been !

Am I right in thinking that his old man was very influencial in his move away for more money. Hindsight is a great thing!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Am I right in thinking that his old man was very influencial in his move away for more money. Hindsight is a great thing!
It was his step dad and yes he more or less got him the move to spurs £s . He was an outstanding prospect who now has a major job on his hands to get to the level he should be playing at .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here