Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

D

Deleted member 18477

this is great news for buckleys price tag! these stuuuuupid premier league twats lol. 7 million dear oh dear!

fair play though palace. i'd snap their hand off for 7 million for the inconsistent zaha.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
£7million is a great deal for palace if they can get that for Zaha. I thought he was superb at our place, not so hot at Cardiff the other week, but the boy clearly has talent. To be honest I'm more worried about Scannell tonight I think he is quality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please remember...

a) Zaha signed a 5 year deal as a sign of his unwavering commitment to Palace - he's going nowhere for a few years.
b) He will only leave once he has almost single-handedly steered Palace back to their rightful place in the Premiership, and picked up his first few England caps.
c) He will only leave to a team like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid. He would never, repeat never, leave to one of those perma-relegation-threatened, unfashionable, fugly Lancashire teams. It just won't happen.

So - move on, move on - there's nothing to see here.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We won't accept £7m. It is of no benefit to us, as we've got no time to spend the money.

They'll come back in the summer, along with many other clubs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We won't accept £7m. It is of no benefit to us, as we've got no time to spend the money.

They'll come back in the summer, along with many other clubs.

Quoting for prosperity

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Please remember...

a) Zaha signed a 5 year deal as a sign of his unwavering commitment to Palace - he's going nowhere for a few years.
b) He will only leave once he has almost single-handedly steered Palace back to their rightful place in the Premiership, and picked up his first few England caps.
c) He will only leave to a team like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid. He would never, repeat never, leave to one of those perma-relegation-threatened, unfashionable, fugly Lancashire teams. It just won't happen.

So - move on, move on - there's nothing to see here.

You're right, there's nothing to see here.

If I were you, I'd wait until something has actually happened before you start being cocky. £7m is simply not enough.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is a tough one for CP as although Bolton are the ones offering the money, they arent likely to be the ones they are negotiating with.

Irrespective of whether they accept a bid from Bolton or not, the issue here is does Zaha see his future as 20 games in the Prem and then back to the Championship albeit on more money? I hope for his own sanity that he doesnt see his future at Bolton. That would mean another club coming into the mix who he may be more attracted to (maybe Stoke). They may not be as desperate as Bolton for him though so whilst say a bid of 8m would be accepted from Bolton, Stoke may say 6m tops.

In effect the Palace board have to hope Bolton bid higher than they'll accept in order to drive an acceptable price from someone he may go to.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fair play to CPFC2010 for rejecting the bid and standing their ground, as much as I DONT want him to be on the pitch tonight, I do find it a shame that the Premiership pick off the Chapionsip's best players.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Also, I know money speaks but I think Zaha would be stupid to go to Bolton now, wait till Summer and go to a decent upper-mid prem team (Newcastle would seam an ideal match).

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Fair play to CPFC2010 for rejecting the bid and standing their ground, as much as I DONT want him to be on the pitch tonight, I do find it a shame that the Premiership pick off the Chapionsip's best players.

Who says they have rejected it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
By the summer they may have realised how over rated he is though and offer something nearer his true worth of £2.5m

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
By the summer they may have realised how over rated he is though and offer something nearer his true worth of £2.5m

You should really tell Owen Coyle that he has made a massive mistake, I'm sure he'd love to hear that a Brighton fan on the Internet would be able to allocate his funds in a better way.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"yungzaha Believe To Achieve
Can everyone stop tweeting me about Bolton

Look forward to tonights game"

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
bit of a joke that people are suggesting he`s worth more than £7 million, he was great at the Amex and yes i fear him tonight but he looked far from a million pound player last tuesday at cardiff.
he`s clearly got talent but to say he`d only go to Man Utd Barca or Real Madrid is crazy talk.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
bit of a joke that people are suggesting he`s worth more than £7 million, he was great at the Amex and yes i fear him tonight but he looked far from a million pound player last tuesday at cardiff.
he`s clearly got talent but to say he`d only go to Man Utd Barca or Real Madrid is crazy talk.

Bit of a joke that you're making a valuation over two games, imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here